Monday, July 15, 2013

Julep: Faye

*deep breath* Dropped my little men-cats off at the clinic bright and early this morning. Poor Icarus didn't make a peep and huddled in the back of his carrier. Ralphus would not shut up and knocked himself (inside his carrier) off the couch twice before I got him out the door. Should be getting the call in a couple of hours to come get them and I'm so nervous. I know Brak would let me know right away if anything bad happened, but still. I don't do well dealing with people in real life. That's why I blog. lol I was back home around 10am and probably could have posted up then, but it's been raining all day and I wanted to wait until it was bright outside for pics. Which worked out... mostly well. This first picture of Faye looks about color accurate.



The formula on this one was really nice. Smooth; not too thick or thin. Still kind of sweet smelling. This is two coats and dry time was... average-ish. No sheet or hair marks, but I can't remember how long it was until I went to bed. Not too long since I had to wake up early. No topcoat, so the formula on this was really good.

This second pic isn't exactly color accurate because the flash kept going off, but it lets you see the gold shimmer that is (as far as I can tell in the overcast haze) not really evident.



ERMAHGERD! Package tracker says Secret Peri-Wink-le is out for delivery! ^_^ I'm going to have to do a test. Since everyone was more excited about Exploded (the orange one) I'll see how that looks over it. Black is a no-go, the "glitters" disappear. So a lighter contrasting color might work otherwise I'll probably layer it over white. Two coats looked nearly full cover, but... I know if I try for full coverage I'll never get it off. lol Okay, Aaron's pantomiming "we should go get dinner before the cats are ready" so I guess we should go grab dinner before the cats are ready to be picked up. ;) Take care y'all, have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. My niece had her bridesmaids in this colour at her wedding. Where was this nail enamel when she needed it ? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! That would have been nice. Could have given them as bridesmaid gifts. ;)

      Delete
  2. oooh pretty, never noticed this color before! pretty pretty pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in July's Boho Glam box. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Looks like a creamy milk chocolate!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty colour! Hope everything goes well for the cats x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D They seem to be doing fine so far.

      Delete
  5. Pretty color. Very cute the gold sparkles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just wish they had been more evident in real life... :/

      Delete
  6. Hope your kitties did well! HAHAHA it's so cute to see how excited you are about S Peri.! Hope you end up loving it as much as I do! Oh and another CG Classic - do tell me you have Flip Flop Fantasy! AAH yes. Best. Neon. EVER! *waggles FFF painted toes and grins*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I don't have Flip Flop Fantasy! I was just going through their past neon collection padding my wishlist. lol It's totally on there. Kitties are fine, thanks for reminding me. Typing up today's post and I almost forgot to include them. :p

      Delete
    2. Glad to remind you, can't forget about the kitties! Hehe :)
      DWHAAaat?! Lizzy I'm sorry, here I go again :p but YOU DON'T HAVE FLIP FLOP FANTASY?! Dude it's a classic! And a must!! I have it on right now and looovvveee it!. I also got Sun of a Peach and Highlight of my Summer from CG - highly recommend those too. SoaP was a super easy neon to work with. Haven't used HoMS yet so I can't say if the formula is good or not but it's pretty!!

      Delete
    3. You're killing me! LOL Sun of a Peach I believe is on my wishlist already. I added all of the creamy neons from their most recent set. ARGH! I need to win the lottery or something to feed this beast. XD

      Delete
    4. ^u^ Hehe!!! Aaah it's so nice to talk with someone who shares my obsession. In my day to day life no one gets why I need like, bags full of polish. They think I'm crazy...and while they are right :p it's still cool to know someone as crazy for polish as I am hehe!

      Delete
    5. OMG That's exactly how I felt when I started blogging about it. Then people came. So sweet. You are definitely among like-minded crazies here. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!