Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Essence: Black To The Roots

Hey y'all. Just a quick post today. It's... been a long day and I need a shower. So last night I showed my nails a little TLC so they're a bit shorter, but in my opinion that works better for the black anyway. Here's two coats of Black To The Roots. "The Rough"



I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this one. It's not really "rough", not in the way that we know it could be, but I don't hold that against it. I like that it's matte, but the silver glitters seem like an afterthought?



I thought I'd like it more with shiny topcoat, but it just made the black look... milky? Like a murky dark grey.



*shrugs* I have to take my mom to Georgetown bright and early tomorrow so I'm going to use this as a base layer for something. "For what?" It's a surprise. :p It'll be purple. I hope it looks good. Then Friday I'll swatch Lily Bloom.

Okay, time to power down and take that shower. Hope everyone's having a great week! *HUGS*

4 comments:

  1. Oh interesting, I thought it was a textured polish!
    I find that I can't let my nails grow as a long as yours because they will always break! :( I do try though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine used to break fairly frequently. I use basecoat and polish remover that say "for stronger nails" on them and that seems to help.

      Delete
  2. I also trimmed my nails yesterday. One broke, so I figured they needed a trim. I like the color. Your right about the shiny making the black look milky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Used to be breakage would let me know to trim, but I haven't had that problem lately. Now I end up waiting until my nails start clacking all over the keyboard and it hurts when I type. Hope you didn't have to go too short!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!