Friday, July 5, 2013

Essence: Beauty On Tour +Hair & Dress

Hello beautifuls! Totally exhausted already and we haven't even gone to the bbq! :p I think it's my contacts. They make my eyes sleepy, then my eyes make my brain sleepy. Contacts = Sleepy. That's the price I pay, I guess. Ya know, to look pretty. ;) I don't hate my glasses, but they're cracked horribly. Anyway, I'm rambling. Today's lovely polish is essence Beauty On Tour from the Ready For Boarding collection!



Beauty On Tour is the sheerest of my recent essence purchases. So this is two coats layered over two coats of white. Plus topcoat, just in case. Beauty On Tour is a very bright (though not as bright as it looks in the pics; my camera really didn't like it lol) orangey coraly color. Far darker than Kaylen which I forgot to take a picture of the comparisons. :p I suck. Close up!



In spite of it's sheerness, Beauty On Tour applied very smoothly. Almost like magic watching the color just appear over the white. hehehe

So last night I straightened my hair. Again so I could look all pretty today. In a weird girly-girl kind of mood I guess. Anyway, I guess it's been a while since I trimmed my bangs....



LOL!! I've been lazy and just brushing them to the side. Wanna see how much I chopped off?



Woah. And now my Luscious Raspberries hair out in the sun! With freshly cut bangs.



I hate taking selfies outside... I always end up squinty... -_- Anyways, here's the dress I picked up from Kohl's. Had to pick up some shorts to go on underneath cuz my thighs were all rubbing together while we were running errands, but it's still cute.



It's a Daisy Fuentes. LMAO!!! I do look a little knocked-up, but I'm working on that. Hopefully these tight shorts will help. Been keeping up with my e-money making. Should be getting my SwagBucks bonus today. Think I'm going to wear Cast A Spell tomorrow. Get it out of the way before I keep putting it off. lol Hope everyone had a happy 4th and has a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I despise my glasses too but I don't love my contacts, sometimes I have trouble reading and looking at things up close with my contacts on :/
    I love the red, it's so bright!
    Hehe, whenever I eat a big meal, I stand sideways in front of the mirror and see how pregnant I can look lmao, don't worry, I am totally working on my belly blubber too, though it doesn't work too well lol ICE CREAMMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem. If I'm doing really small work up close (like changing a watch battery or something) I can't do it with my contacts in. >_< It's like being near-sighted gives you built in magnifying glasses. lol OMG I ate a whole plate and a half of bbq PLUS apple pie for dessert. So pregnant. ;) Definitely getting back on track tomorrow. I. Am. Stuffed. lol

      Delete
  2. I love your hair!! What a great color. I tried that color once, it didn't stay. That dress is really cute. I think we are all working on our mid section. I am fortunate not to have to wear glasses...yet. Hubby had lasik done 11 years ago and he said it was the best decision. My daughter wears her glasses in the summer because she can't swim in her contacts and she is too lazy to put them in afterward...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :D The trick is to not wash your hair like you normally would. There are tons of tricks to keep the color, like washing in cold water, but the best thing for these kinds of reds is to get a dry shampoo for red hair. I would love to get lasik. Unfortunately for the longest time my eyes were getting worse yearly and they won't do it if that's the case. Or, they wouldn't back then. I think they've pretty much evened out, though, so I should start looking into it again.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the hair color and the accent nail and the dress looks cute on you!! I just had Lasik a week ago - it's so wild to be able to see without glasses (had em since I was like 14) but I'm like you - for the longest time my eyes got bad with every 2 year check up. It's just been in the past 4 years that they stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! I started wearing glasses for reading when I was 9ish, then something happened and I turned all near-sighted when we moved to Texas. o_O My optometrist got a kick out of it.... I wasn't quite as amused. I need new glasses so hopefully I'll find out (probably in a few months) if my eyes are still changing or if I can start saving for Lasik. *fingers crossed* OMG that would be a dream come true....

      Delete
    2. Aww thanks :) Hehe @ one point I was worried I'd go blind they kept getting worse and worse and WORSE every year >_< I was sooo fed up with glasses and my eyes were so severe the lady at the glasses store said 'have you considered lasik'? 0_0! And it was like 99% astigmatism so contacts were out. I hope you find your eyes have leveled out and you can consider Lasik! Stoopid eyes changing.

      Delete
    3. OMG Right? One of my eyes (I couldn't quite get out of him which one) has "started showing signs of astigmatism". >_< Not enough that I need special contacts yet, but there's something there. :( Still, good to know that's not a disqualifier for Lasik. I hadn't even though about that...

      Delete
  4. I cut my hair at home too :)love the raspberry hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks. :D Glad it's not just me. I never do anything fancy with it so I'm good with not paying someone else to cut a straight line. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!