Sunday, July 28, 2013

Essence: Be Flowerful +Dots

Guess what we got today? Clouds! And.... mosquitoes.... The clouds were nice, even if they did make picture taking a tad more difficult. If you're looking for color accuracy, all I can say is that it's not pink and not orange. The color you see that's neither pink nor orange; that's the one. Be Flowerful is kind of a peachy coral. This is two coats, no topcoat.



The formula was really nice and smooth, but the brush seemed a little stiff. Also I have a slight bit of VNL. I did kind of fall in love with this color. Nice and simple after last week's craziness.



Not too bad considering I laid down (lay down? lied down? whatever) the first time a mere hour after painting. Then... I decided it was perhaps a little too simple and added some simple dots with Lily Bloom. Since it was handy.



I'm a little proud of myself. They may not be 100% symmetrical, but closer than I've gotten. Also, I didn't let my dipping-glob dry so I didn't end up with stringies hanging all over the place! ^_^



Since Jasmine put it in my head that I should have used some 3D charms as my last layer, I had to reach into my tray of bows...



The bow is more orange than peach, but that's the closest I have. Also, I forgot that when I used the black ones I knocked them off my laptop before getting them back in the tray... :( Hopefully I'll find them eventually. Such a spazz...

I did remember to pick up a concealer brush (and a brow-brush with eyelash comb) while at HEB today. I also tried to pick up a gorgeous shimmery bronze eyeshadow since HEB has them on clearance for 99cents, but... the cashier didn't put it in the bag! Or ring it up so at least I didn't pay for something I didn't get, but I really really wanted it! Shimmery bronze looks good on everybody, especially in the summer. I miss it and I'm going to have to try again tomorrow. Hopefully there is one more that someone didn't stick their fingers in, but if not I'll just have to grab that one and wipe it off. :p

I'm going to skip the full swatch of Lily Bloom for the moment and move on to 03 Grunge Me Tender. Norma helped me come up with an interesting 3D art idea I want to see if I can pull off and I think Grunge Me Tender would make a great base for it. *teehee* So tomorrow Grunge Me Tender, Tuesday is arts. Hope everyone had a fantabulous weekend! I'll leave you with a pic of my phone and the super cute My Little Pony widget my friend Holly pointed me to. ;)



Kawaii! ^_^ See y'all tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. I love the My Little Pony!! I also love POLKA DOTS. Like obsessed with polka dots. I am so glad they are back in fashion. The bow is cute. I like the coral color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I love how easy they are. ;) Glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Oh you did really well! I can't make evenly spaced dots! Also kudos on using 3D elements hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^_^ I knew you'd like it. lol

      Delete
  3. here we have rain today :(. Great dots and the 3d bow is so cute. Actually long time i don't make a 3d nails :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I would love some rain. We got a little, but I slept through it. :( It has been a while for you, huh? I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  4. Gah on clouds and rain. I'm dying to use a holo but the weather is like 'nope! time for rain!'. LOVE the dots!! Also I wonder if the cashier kept the eyeshadow for herself. Weird she didn't ring it through. Can't wait for the 3D art!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was weird as well, perhaps she ended up selling it to the people behind me? o_O Here's hoping our idea works!

      Delete
  5. Love the look with the dots! Super retro in a great way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! ^_^ Thanks. Glad you like it!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!