Saturday, July 6, 2013

China Glaze: Cast A Spell

Hello darlings! (^_^)"/" hehehe Love that. Anyways, yesterday was another big family barbeque. Usually I can restrain myself and act all demure and whatever. I think I went overboard with the girly dress and stuffed myself in a sort of... revolt... of some kind. Seriously stuffed. I had a full plate and a half of bbq (nearly all meat and starch) and a slice of apple pie. Serious indulgence regret. Frankie (my brother-in-law) and I just kind of melted into the couches and didn't move much after that. Like Autumn (sister-in-law) said, though, "It's not like we do this all the time, right?". Sure she was coming from a diabetic standpoint, but it still fits... still... way stuffed. A few laxatives (ew TMI) helped with the bloat, but still. Can't do that all the time either. >_< To top it all off, in all of the excitement I totally forgot to pick up more polish remover! *dies* So what's a self respecting psycho nailphile to do? Paint over the old polish, of course!



Cast A Spell is amazing. Interesting, one coat was fine for opacity on the tape fingers, needed two to fully cover Beauty On Tour on my middle finger... So I'm saying it's a two-coater. If you want to be safe. Dry time was amazing, even over the six layers underneath. Oh, right, Cast A Spell is a dark green with... what looks like gold shimmer. Not bright gold, but like an orangey gold? Bronzey coppery gold... ish.



That's in my shadow. To cut the glare. So you can see! The shimmer. :p Yes! I am fully aware that I have an off-season Halloween mani here. Even with the flowers, birds and rhinestones that's kind of hard to get around considering the colors. lol I'm okay with it. Makes up for having skipped over it last Halloween. Actually, I need to leave myself a note to do a comparison between Cast A Spell and Edyta. I'm about halfway done transferring my stash page pics to the other photobucket. Coming along, slowly but surely; as my grandpa used to say. Since I nailed the Pierogies, Frankie wants me to try and make Paczki... That is probably going to be difficult. Will have to ask him what kind of filling he wants, because I don't know that I'll be doing that part from scratch. Dough? Sure. Filling? I dunno... I haven't made jam since I was a kid kid. (I can hear my grandma now, "You mean child, kids are baby goats". Yes, grandma....) No idea why my grandparents are suddenly spectrally hovering, but whatever.

I did pick up polish remover today, so I'll be starting fresh for tomorrow with... Julep... Let's say Karen. The peachy one. It looks sheer, but buildable. I think, perhaps, I'm going to take a nap before starting on my nails. Why not? I caught up on the dishes. I deserve a nap. ;) Y'all have a great weekend!!

20 comments:

  1. Hah nice, I love seeing you do nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm going to keep trying. Might have to since I'm running low on untrieds... lol

      Delete
  2. I know that stuffed feeling, yesterday I went to a family party and just kept eating!! No control lol, I hope you un-bloat soon my love :)
    Hahahah I do that when I'm feeling lazy (paint over old polish) you did a good job though, you can't tell that you just put that on top, I like that you got creative too! Totally halloweeeeny but who cares :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Glad it wasn't just me. ;) Maybe there's some alien brainwaves convincing us to stuff ourselves. Or something. lol Glad you like it! I've been trying to work with the striping tape more since I wanted it for so long... :p

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the food coma feeling is a great feeling, but it usually comes with big regret on my part. I love the nail art. You and Jasmine are quickly turning me into a nail junkie. I now find myself in the nail polish aisle all the time. I still find it really hard to spend over $7 for a bottle of polish though. I love Sinful Colors for the fact that it is cheap and it has lasted the longest (Sally Hansen didn't last that long, it kept peeling).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinful Colors is a great place to start. For $2/bottle it really is a fantastic polish. Mostly. Some of them have been kinda meh, but lately they've been doing better. I never thought I'd spend over $3/bottle, but.... that kind of went out the window. Hopefully you have better self-control than I do. ;)

      Delete
    2. Probably not, I have already had my eye on some OPI polish. Ulta had it 2 for $15 the other day. My husband is going to hate me!! lol

      Delete
    3. LMAO 2 for $15 isn't bad for OPI. Even on clearance they're usually $6.99 and the only place to try and get them cheaper (reliably, that I've found) is amazon. :/ hehehe Your hubby will get used to it. ;) Mine did.

      Delete
    4. I see you talking about a box....how does one get in on that action??

      Delete
    5. The Julep box? I have a referral link at the top (says "I'm a Boho Glam"), just click on that and take your style profile quiz. I dug up a code DAILYCANDY that will give you your first box absolutely free! You can skip a month whenever you want with no penalty (which is great when money's tight) otherwise each month is $20. Also, you can pick out of any of the offered boxes to get the one you like the best! Some of the polishes are hit-and-miss, but some of them are really amazing and their beauty products have been pretty great, too.

      Delete
    6. It said I was Glam (I so am NOT). I wound up going with the Boho box, I loved that color best. Thanks for the code. I can't wait to get my first box. Now I need to just stop being lazy and go get my credit card so I can place this order!

      Delete
    7. lol I think mine came up boho glam the first time, so I was good with that. It's easy enough to switch boxes and they even send an email letting you know when the "choosing window" is open. I think that's why I love 'em so much. They're so courteous. ;)

      Delete
  4. Heheh @ 'self respecting psycho...erm nailphile' HAHA I feel the same way about myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's a case where you know you're crazy, but kind of accept it. It's there, we just try not to talk about it. ;)

      Delete
    2. *gives Lizzy a high five* Oh did you see Swagbucks is going crazy in order to celebrate 8's ? Sooo many point opps available! (yanno - to bump up those swag bucks so we can cash in for *ahem* more polish :D )

      Delete
    3. I kinda skimmed the blog post. lol Been taking advantage of the increased SBTV payout, though. Was expecting more codes, though... hrm.... lol

      Delete
  5. I like this one a lot and the china glaze color is very nice :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!