Saturday, July 27, 2013

7-Layer Polish: Day 7

Ah, we're finally here. I can't say I'm looking forward to taking all of this off, but I am ready to start on the Floral Grunge polishes! I know Jasmine was hoping for something to shock the socks off of everybody, but... I'm afraid this final layer will come as a shock to nobody. My final offering in this week's polish insanity? China Glaze Glam-More.



I very nearly reached for the white crackle so I could layer another neon over that. I also very nearly went for a subdued cream crackle. No... no... I've been jonesing for some glitter crackle and with a paltry handful to choose from, Glam-More it had to be. I chose the absolute most crisp close-up and if you look very closely you can still see the glitters from Whirled Away and Glitz 'N Pieces peaking through the cracks.



All in all it's been a lot of fun, and kind of a relief to not have to remove my polish every night. (I know I don't have to, but you know how that is) It's weird seeing a bit of nail growth there. lol It wasn't until yesterday that I started having any kind of issues, but here's what happened to my thumb yesterday evening shortly after applying Glam-More:



Also, apparently, I broke it at some point. o_O? I assume. The most interesting thing is that seven layers of polish (plus a combined four layers of base/topcoat) don't really look or feel that thick on my nails. I've had other polishes feel thicker after three. Isn't that bizarre? I want to try and do a crackle layer, if I can manage to get a thin enough coat on the first crackle to get the spider-cracks. That seems like it would look really cool. ....before I start thinking about that I should probably go ahead and do a little round-up of this one, huh? lol



Essence Silver Twister, CHI Lust In The Dusk, China Glaze Whirled Away, China Glaze Glitz 'N Pieces, Misa Pour Me Something Tall & Strong, China Glaze Paper Chasing and China Glaze Glam-More. Ta-da! Yep, over 50% China Glaze. Unintentional. I did put together this (hopefully) fun little slideshow to commemorate this momentous occasion. :)



Ah... fun. I think tomorrow I'm going to start with #01 Be Flowerful. "The Shine". lol Oooh! I wonder if it will make me psychic! Or, more psychic. ;) I do have my moments. Can't say I "shine", though. Anyway, time to grab dinner. Hope everyone's having a fantastic weekend! :D

13 comments:

  1. Oh darn, heheh I was expecting you to put some crazy 3D decoration on it lol, but the crackle is pretty fun :)
    I have never had polish on my nails for more than five days in a row! I am surprised yours didn't chip that much, I personally would not be able to do this challenge :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, 3D would have been neat, too. Things to think about for next time. Lately I've been changing it daily (as you know lol) and since it did technically change it wasn't hard to not get bored. Much. It's a little restrictive, but fun trying out different ideas to see which one looks best.

      Delete
  2. I needed to look twice to see the green but when i did, very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Yeah, I probably could have done a little better. Glad you like it, though!

      Delete
  3. *claps* Yay Lizzy! Awesome posts :) When you try the glue mani, if you like it you should try doing it once or twice a week. It'd help cut down on time you use for remover as well as the amount of time you've got remover on your fingers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Also, I was contemplating trying to do something akin to a tape mani with the glue. I don't know how well the design would peel up, but worst case scenario I could just use it for 3D effects. Oooh, like mountains and rivers! LMAO!! Oh dang, now I feel like I have to do that before someone steals it....

      Delete
    2. OOH how exciting!!!!!! I'll leave it up to you, I think that'd frustrate me to no end (I have no patience lol!) but what a cool idea!

      Delete
  4. I love that crackle. I have never really had successes with crackle. I don't think they crackle enough. The purple is awesome though. I think it all turned out beautiful. I could probably do that challenge because the dry time is shorter (I hope). Maybe when my daughter starts back to school and I have some time again...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want a lot of thin cracks you have to add a really thin layer, medium layer for fewer bigger cracks. I assume if you really glob it on you could get craters or something, but I haven't tried. lol Yeah, having a full day for each layer to dry helped a bunch. I didn't have problems with the bottom layers getting squishy until the very end. You should totally give it a shot! I hope you'll post pictures when you do. ;)

      Delete
    2. You know I will. My nails are looking pretty scraggly right now because I haven't really had time to do them. I finally trimmed them the other day when I broke one.

      Delete
    3. ARGH! I hate breaking a nail. Having to trim the rest of them down so they don't look so bad. Can't wait to see what layering combos you come up with. :D

      Delete
    4. I should have known that it'd be a crackle! I can imagine you were itching to remove this! Fun experiment though :)

      Delete
    5. LOL Yeah, couldn't help myself. ;) It was fun, but yeah... was definitely ready to take it all off and try something different.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!