Friday, July 26, 2013

7-Layer Polish: Day 6

Nearing the end! I could have added an extra day, but somehow I don't think this is the last time I'll be doing something like this. I do feel a little bad because I was hoping to retain the premise that each look is dependent on the previous layers. This one... feels like I could have skipped #5 and gotten the same look. :( For that reason I very nearly used Flicker (yes, I know, still no pics; Flicker is a neon yellow), but... the shimmer in Paper Chasing (hey, that one has pics! lol) won me over.



Told ya this one was super sheer, didn't I? LOL



The shimmer, though, adds another layer of depth. And I guess the one coat is streaky enough that some of the blue does peek through.



I'm glad I'm nearing the end, though. All of these layers are making the polish look a bit janky. Especially my right thumb. You'll get to see how bad that is tomorrow. lol

So, yes, I had more pictures, but none of them were really good. Stupid sun was too bright and my indoor pics didn't have enough light. Hopefully this one I have will suffice for now. I used the Cover Girl + Olay Eye Rehab 2-in-1 on just my right eye (the left one in the picture) and you can see it actually did make a pretty significant difference. Without being too bright in that obvious "you're covering something up there, ain't ya?" look.



Totally forgot to pick up a fresh concealer brush (I use one for polish cleanup and the other for eyeliner lol), so this is with just my fingers. Like I said yesterday, a little goes a long way! I haven't fully depressed it so I don't know what fraction of a full pump I used, but I get a dollop about the size of a baby pea. Or, half the size of a normal pea. It doesn't feel sticky or oily, just nice and creamy. I'm going to try to remember to use it every day to see if the Olay addition has any appreciable benefits. I used to use the Cover Girl pressed powder with Noxema in it and that, I'm convinced, did help me not break out as a teen. Also, I liked the smell. Now I'm all old and I've upgraded to Olay for wrinkles and dark spots... *sigh* lol

Don't miss the last layer tomorrow! If you've been following along you can probably guess what it's going to be, but the color will be a surprise! ^_^ I think I'm going to take a nap... Y'all have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Lolz your layering thing has really been a big adventure, I hope on the last day you just really shock everybody with like the coolest polish hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how big of a shock it will be, but... it's pretty! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Have a great weekend too. Interesting layering. Would be fun for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yes it would. I should layer Paper Chasing over Hard Candy's Jubilee. Maybe the extra layer will keep those curly bits contained. lol

      Delete
  3. OOOH the under eye make up looks great! Glad you liked it too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm just hoping it doesn't run out any time soon. ;) lol

      Delete
  4. Haha, I am old too. I shop the wrinkle care aisle now. I love the old school Cover Girl pressed powder. During class changes in school, all the girls would pull out their compacts and add a fresh layer. The worst is when you dropped it and the powder broke. You still use it, but it's not as fun to pull out....good times. Definitely going to have to try that concealer. The green on top of that blue almost gives it a teal color I don't think you would have been able to achieve had you skipped #5. One more day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah teenage makeup memories. hehehe Most of my friends just opted for the eyeliner, but I always went all out with my makeup. Especially that cover girl pressed powder. I can almost smell it now... I do recall dropping a few of them and carefully trying to press it back into shape, but that never worked. :p The worst was when all you had left was that ring around the edge and you had to break it just to get enough on the flat-puff thing. XD Now I want to pick one up. lol

      Delete
    2. I hate the dreaded end ring or if there is any type of moisture on the pad and it makes that hard spot you have to scrape off to get it to go on again. I also want to pick one up, I want the one in the old school brown container. No fancy schmancy green or clear they have now.

      Delete
    3. Memories! hehe I actually have an old school CG pressed powder compact (geeze it must be a few years old!) It's still good though!

      Delete
  5. I bet your nails were feeling gross with all that polish on! Resisting the urge to peel it off must have been hard lol! That olay stuff looks good, you can't tell you've got it on (no make up line) but it definitely covers the darkness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't as bad as you might imagine. Not until I was removing it. -_- That was awful. I'm loving the olay makeup. It's so easy to blend. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!