Wednesday, July 24, 2013

7-Layer Polish: Day 4

ACK! I hit my bandwidth limit on my main account! o_O I'm so popular. LOL So, sadly, most archives will be picture-borked until the 28th. I think I'm going to have to dig out the piece of paper with my 3rd photobucket account information (don't judge me.... hehehe) and alternate every 10 days. Ah, what a super sweet problem to have. Hopefully 30GB combined per month will be enough to foster all the love!

So. Layer #4. This is turning into serious business. Today's layer isn't far removed from yesterday, but at least it's bling-tastic!



China Glaze Glitz N Pieces. I know, I know, not terribly different but I assure you it will start coming together. lol



Tomorrow I'm adding color! YAY!! hehehe

Okay, so Brak and I went to Ross this morning. I picked up a dress for my Magenta costume (we're doing RHPS this year!) and I did put on makeups. I didn't sweat like I thought I would, but OMG how tired do I look?!



I didn't even wear my contacts my eyes were so sleepy. I did something a little different today. Instead of the tinted moisturizer and matte powder I just used... *digs through box* Wet n Wild "COVERALL" pressed powder. It's more full-coverage, but I noticed a ton of dry patches. So I think the moisturizer was a good idea. I used the lavender lip gloss, which worked out better than the green. Same Be Flowerful blush which may have been a bit much with my tired-face. Same 'All Eyes On Me' mascara. For my eyeshadow...



I used the darker 'Eye Like Grunge' quatro. I used the olive green/gold on my lids, the off-white under my brow and the charcoal grey as liner. I did have the purple as under-eyeliner, but... that looked really bad. lol Like I had been crying.

Mini-story! Before heading to Ross I went by Walgreens. Norma recommended the Cover Girl + Olay Eye Rehab 2-in-1 and I wanted to check it out. It was $12. Is $12. lol I had some redeemable points on my card and this week they have a "buy $10 of Cover Girl and get 3000points" so technically I only paid $4. Which is much much better.



Yay! The review she linked to me said it absorbs super quick and doesn't leave much pigment after, which is okay. Just means I can use it daily whether I wear other makeup or not without looking busted. ^_^

Okay, I think that's it for today. Going to keep the Julep blotters in my purse so I'll have them handy when the opportunity arises. Will try to get a picture of the dress I chose as the base for Magenta. It's not quite as good as the dress I used to have, but in some ways it's almost better. ;) You'll see. Hope everyone is having a terrific week!

13 comments:

  1. Oh interesting, I must check out that concealer!
    I always keep a pack of blotting paper in my bags, I go through them so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never used them before. Usually when I get to the point of face-moisture I'm downright dripping. -_-

      Delete
  2. I never thought nails could be as interesting as you and The Sloths make them ! And you do dream work as well ? That sounds so interesting, i would love to know more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm glad you've been enjoying them. I did an overview post with some links during the Blog In May challenge, here's the link if you're interested:

      http://lizzysblogplace.blogspot.com/2013/05/blog-in-may-day-2.html

      Delete
  3. OOH I love your face of the day!! Also LOL @ me raving about the cover girl under eye makeup then sending you a link from a person who hated it LOL *fail*. The review said it absorbed quickly but I didn't find that at all (mind you my skin is oily). Put some on around 3 in the afternoon and it was still there by like 8 at night (when I was like 'oops! forgot to take this off!)

    OOH a new layer - looks spiffy! Are you worried about the struggle you're going to have getting that glitter off? Glitter polish and I have such a love/hate relationship >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also - what does it mean that you keep exceeding bandwidth? *is clueless* Is it that each time a person visits your site it 'takes' a little or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Yeah, I was just thinking "I wonder how long it's going to take to get all of this off". >_< Didn't think about that before I started. Yeah, everytime someone (even me) loads up pictures outside of the photobucket site (like looking at my blog) then it logs the data transfer. Bigger pictures eat up more bandwidth so I try to make sure to resize them all. It USED to be unlimited, but then they changed everything and put up all kinds of restrictions. That's okay, though, because I am not above opening new email accounts to extend my bandwidth. ;)

      Delete
    2. *gives Lizzy a high five* oh Lizzy you naughty girl :D

      Delete
    3. *high five* teehee I'll resort to whatever means necessary to keep this blog going and full of pretty pictures. Provided those means are free. ;)

      Delete
  5. You don't look tired! And your skin looks really good again :) I like the eye look too, makes your eyes pop! Hope that Olay stuff works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your makeup looks awesome! You have already got me painting my nails, I can't have you wanting me to put on makeup every day...lol. I need to experiment with some of the colors I have. The boldest I have gone is a deep purple. I mainly just stick with my bronze brown combo. oh, I am loving where this 7 days is going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I don't think there's any worry there. I usually don't wear makeup. Maybe once or twice a month. ;) I used to wear SO many colors, every day. Color is fun.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!