Tuesday, July 23, 2013

7-Layer Polish: Day 3 +Grungeface

Hello everybody! (wish you could hear the way I said that in my head, think Robin Williams' "good morning, Vietnam") So... I feel a little bad because today's layer closely emulates a combo I've already done in the past. Please please please keep in mind this is a week long venture and it will get better! Layer #3 is China Glaze Whirled Away.



Using Whirled Away today was actually an executive decision on my part. I have another glitter slated for tomorrow and this one is a base for that one. Give it a little something extra before adding the color wash over the whole shebang. Not to... ya know... give too much away at once... :p



Okay, so it turns out I suck even more at makeups pictures than I do at putting it on. :p So my pics aren't that great, but I can tell you what I did. ^_^ lol



I used an old (so old the brand rubbed off) concealer for under my eyes and an e.l.f. tinted moisturizer before doing my eyes in Eye Like Flowers. Used the green on my lids, coral in the crease and white under my brows. Since grunge was all about the black eyeliner pencil I turned to Models Own for that (no smudging, you want a solid line lol) and added a touch of the green shadow underneath. Uhm, essence mascara (All Eyes On Me), the Be Flowerful blush (can you tell? I can't), essence matte finishing powder (because as any grunge teen knows: shiny = oily = GROSS) and the greenish lip gloss.



*ugh* Need to get my tweezers outside while the sun is still up, apparently. Also... I noticed two things with the lipgloss. 1- The formula was okay, but my lips are fairly dark so it washed out a lot of the green making it look almost white and 2- I am in serious need of some lip exfoliation. That's why I didn't do a close-up on that. Seriously, for real, gross. I don't think I ended up sharing the shirt I got from Old Navy so I got a pic of that while I was lookin' all pretty.



I hate my camera because it totally color-fucked (sorry, screwed?) what would have been the best pic out of the 30 or so I took.



And it's really hard to get closed-eye pics, especially now that I'm all old and wrinkly.



So, dearest friends and readers, my question is this: Does anybody have a suggestion for dealing with my... *ahem* seriously dark, sunken in under eye area? I should probably get a concealer brush to deal with the darkness better, but the whole area looks like I just got over two black eyes. It's not baggy or puffy, just wrinkly and... sunken looking. o_O It makes my cheeks look fat. :p

Tomorrow Brak and I are headed to Ross so what I'm going to try to do is get another face with the other colors; I've got the Julep blotting papers in my purse and I'm going to tryyyyy to remember before and after pics. Oh crap, I need to remember to spray out her cat carriers after I post this up. I'm awful. lol Hope everyone's having a terrific week so far!! (^_^)"/"

(p.s. I thought I had blocked all the stupidity and annoying baby shit from my facebook feed and get slammed in the face with how dilated my cousin's cervix is. On what planet is that appropriate for public announcement? They're called "private" parts for a reason! A person trying to force it's way out is no excuse for it to be otherwise. *ugh*)

16 comments:

  1. Someone posted an update on their cervix...-_0 DUDE NOT COOL!!! A chick on my fb posted a super gross pic once - she'd *just* had her baby and the pic was of her in the hospital with a facecloth on her forehead, holding the baby which was still bloody and full of gook and the lady's legs were open. You couldn't see anything just the blanket draped over her legs (but you could tell it wasn't covering everything up so if the pic had been taken from a diff angle...*shudder*. So gross!

    Cool a face of the day!! Humm under eye stuff - I just bought the Cover Girl and Oil of Olay Rescue undereye syrum - amazing stuff.

    http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/05/covergirl-olay-eye-rehab-2-in-1-concealer-review-swatches.html

    For a cream to help with the dark circles weirdly enough I just use natural bees wax (comes in a cream jar). It's amazing for evening out skin tone and getting rid of dark spots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm humm reading that blog review now - ha they totally hate it! *shrugs* I tried in the store and bought a bottle. I love it. Works for me and I have BAD dark circles under my eyes!

      Delete
    2. Your skin looks great :D as for your under eye area I'd suggest going to Lisa Eldridge's website and watching her videos on dark circles and how to cover them, she has a gorgeous accent and is a pro make up artist! The best thing is to conceal and then highlight, to bring them out of the darkness :p hope that helps!

      Delete
    3. Thanks! ^_^ I'll totally check that out.

      Delete
  2. OMG Gross!!! If I have a baby I don't even want to see it until they clean that nastiness off of it. *vomits* And no pics of me holding it until I'm looking not-gross myself. :p "Oh, but it's all a natural miraculous process (hey, idiot, can't be both!) and nothing about birth is gross" Yeah, bullshit. lol

    Natural bees wax like Bert's Bees? Do they have eye stuff? o_O Definitely going to check that out. Pretty sure I've seen the Cover Girl stuff at HEB. I'll price that tomorrow. ^_^ If you say it works then that's reason enough for me to give it a shot. I've gotten good at using a light touch to dispense product (omg I said "product") so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your under eye area is too bad, but you could try the Maybelline dream lumi concealer highlighter: http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/Concealer/Dream-Lumi-Touch-Highlighting-Concealer.aspx
    it works pretty well and its affordable.
    I don't generally wear lipgloss either because all the color particles like to congregate at highlight all the dry flakes :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol That's exactly what happened. I'll check for the Maybelline stuff next time I'm out! ^_^

      Delete
  4. *reads jar* humm my cream says 'Sunny Acres Healing Creme' so it's some local stuff but it's made out of bees wax, water, olive oil mineral oil and...borax (borax? o_o). BUT I bet if you find any bees wax cream (it has the consistency of lard I'd say) that'd prob do the trick! I bet Burts Bees has something similar. If you find it let me know! I'm almost out of this local stuff and will need a replacement soon :D

    also right?!!! Soooo gross WHY would someone post that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borax? Weird. I was at HEB and they don't have a lot of Burt's Bees stuff... so I'll check online and see who carries it before my next trip out into the world. lol I did get the Cover Girl + Olay stuff, though! Can't wait to try it. :D

      Delete
  5. When you find a concealer that works please share. My two eyes look like black holes in pictures because they are sunk in. I have only ever used Mary Kay under eye concealer, but I am willing to try something different. Your eyes are pretty. They pop with your hair color (which I still love). My lips are a constant battle. I have dozens of tubes of chapstick all over my house and car. Hahaha!! I so agree with you on being called private parts so keep them private!! Over sharers piss me off. Oh, I love your polish challenge. The mix of lines and balls almost make it look like dandelions blowing in the wind. At first I thought it was a nail sticker. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try the cover girl + olay one that Norma suggested; I'll let you know how that one works. :) Ooooh, I hadn't even thought about it, but it does kinda seem like dandilions in the wind! :D

      Delete
  6. I read the 'Hello Everybody' in Dr. Nick from The Simpsons' voice ;-) I need concealer in the worst way too, I've heard a lot of people raving about Maybelline's 24hr Superstay one but I was too cheap to buy it last time I was at a stand! Regarding the oversharing of the cervix, seriously. SERIOUSLY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot - can you get Vichy? If you can, get Vichy Aqualia Thermal Repair & Soothing Balm. I did a blog post on it (pimp alert) a while back & put up a picture of how awful my lips were. The stuff is magic, it made them better within a few days.

      Delete
    2. "Hi, Dr Nick!" LOL Oooooh, I don't know if I've ever seen Vichy, but then I haven't looked. I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

      Delete
  7. My first question is definitely - do you drink enough water? It seems like you are perhaps a tad dehydrated? Your skin looks great though, so probably nothing major. I have a lovely little eye gel from Superdrug, but it's their own brand so I doubt you could get hold of it. It actually reversed my tiny little crows-feet.
    The only foundation/concealer I use is mineral stuff. I love lucy minerals. It's an American brand, and very affordable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't drink the 'recommended' 60oz a day, that's just too much for me. I get usually two 700ml bottles down a day. I bookmarked the Lucy Minerals website. I like that she has starter kits! :D That would be perfect for me.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!