Tuesday, July 30, 2013

3D Glue Mani Fail

I had this idea in my head. It was a grand idea which, looking back, should have been my first clue that I was way off base. lol My idea, so you know, was to have a forest glen with a river accent nail. Not just any river. I was going to use the glue to build 3D banks for the river, making the actual water look recessed. Would have been cool, right? Well....



..... -_- Let's ignore my godawful trees for a second. (Interesting note: chrome didn't flag "godawful" as a typo) Let's take a look at my sad riverbanks.



So... I think glue has changed since I was a kid. lol I distinctly remember making glue dots and having them dry into little glue bumps. This stuff just flattened itself right out. Which, yeah, in theory is good. If you're using it for its intended purpose. However, for my purpose I've got four super thick layers of glue around my river and you can't even tell I did anything! Verdict? Fail. It does give me hope as far as using it for a basecoat for glitter, though. I was worried it would look lumpy and like I had glue on my nails, but apparently that's not a concern with the new fangled glue kids are using these days. How are they supposed to learn creative problem solving if they're not fighting with something as simple as glue?! ;) I did manage to pick up that bronze, though!



Pretty. :) No face yet. I woke up at 3am so I'm sleepy already. I fall asleep with makeup on enough without doing it on purpose. lol Also... I had to make a difficult decision this morning. *sigh* I've been trying for years to get Aaron to do Rocky Horror with me for Halloween and he's finally wanting to do it. His biggest gripe has always been Frank's shoes. Frank's shoes, Frank's shoes, Frank's shoes. So when he took it upon himself to find a men's to women's shoe size converter and actually track down the shoes he needs in his size on amazon and they only had three pairs left... I told him to get them. I've waited too long to let something as stupid as a $40 pair of shoes get in my way. So I've been taken back from my goal a bit, but it should be easy enough to make up with real life money. That's my new plan. Brak's heading back to California soon so I shouldn't be randomly clothes shopping again (I'm so weak lol) so everything extra is going to the tablet.

So, let's see, I think tomorrow I'm going to get Black To The Roots out of the way. In the meantime I guess it's back to Swagbucks. Got some spending to make up for. :/ Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

15 comments:

  1. lolololz glue (from nowadays at least) flattens itself off, you can even make individual 3d dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Learned that the hard way. Man, glue's changed... ;) Ah well, live and learn, eh?

      Delete
  2. Sorry it failed. Back to the drawing board. I hate when things don't go the way I see them in my head. Glue is not as thick as it used to be. Myabe go to goodwill and see if you can find old glue, maybe it will work better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol That's a good idea. ^_^ I'll definitely keep my eyes open next time we're there.

      Delete
  3. Well, I must admit I don't necessarily see trees. But who cares when your nails look like scrumptious cupcakes with chocolate icing and sprinkles!
    How about puffpaint as an alternative to glue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! That's genius! ^_^ I hadn't even thought of puff paint. *HUGS* Will definitely have to pick some up now.

      Delete
    2. Hope it works if you do! :D

      Delete
  4. Looks like sprinkles :)Never tried to use glue for nail designs before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMMmmm sprinkles. hehehehe Best of luck if you decide to try. It really was a lot of work for absolutely no payoff. lol

      Delete
  5. oh no on the glue mani fail :( And oh no on the setback (but yay for the shoes!) But yeah using glue as a base coat is fine. When it dries it looks just like a coat of shiny nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it. Just have to psych myself up to wanting to wear some glitter. lol

      Delete
    2. You won't be sorry! I just took off Cult Nails disciplined and Revlon (moon candy) super nova which was a glue mani. Those suckers popped off so easily I almost danced :D

      Delete
    3. OMG How exciting! That sounds so much better than trying to scrape it off with a cotton ball... LOL

      Delete

I love hearing from you!