Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sally Hansen: Fuzz-Sea & Julep Rock Star Hand Cream

Hello lovely persons! Nothing to do today so I kinda slept in. hehehe I did wear Fuzz-Sea for my mom, like I said I was gonna. Starting with one coat of You Belong To Me as a base. Instead of one coat like I did with York, I went with three coats of Fuzz-Sea to reach as near full-coverage as I was willing to manage. :p



hehehehe I can't say for all of each, but between Fuzz-Sea and York, at least, the matte bar glitters are more sparse in the SH version. So there's a lot of gaps, but I managed to move them around and did a little fishing for the last coat. You can only really tell that it's not full-cover if you get really close.



See? lol I showed my mom and she was all "Ooooh.... it looks fuzzy, but it doesn't feel fuzzy...." ....*facepalm* No, mom, it doesn't. lol Anyway, three coats, I did topcoat to smooth it all out. It did take a couple of hours before all of that (six coats in all) was dry enough to sleep in, but it's still a wicked awesome effect.

So! I got my bottle of Fiona in the mail last night and with her came *cue dramatic music* a sample packet of Julep's Rock Star hand cream. Oh me oh my... I wasn't expecting one application to do much. My hands have been so dry (to the point of becoming rough and flaky) for the past couple of months. I've been using the cocoa butter lotion and this "miracle hand repair" my mom ordered from Fingerhut and it hasn't really helped. I slathered my hands with the Rock Star cream last night and....



Still smooth! *dies* I guess if I have enough Jules this month (I keep skipping :p) I'm going to get a full size tube of this stuff. It smells really good, too. Kinda tropical flowery. OMG You know what would be awesome! If they stuck this and that Best Pedi Cream Ever in a box. O_o Yeah. Super awesome. C'mon, Julep! Help me get my hands and feet ready for Summer!! lol

Uhm... hrm... Still compiling e-monies for my tablet. $30 in amazon credits just sitting there begging me to get the PixieDusts, but no! I have to be strong. Or do I?.... Yes! I must! *cries* At least the brakes are taken care of so I can start putting together real life money again. Please don't let anything happen for a while!!! Please? *sigh* Come on back tomorrow for the super lovely Ascalon. My last A England for a while. Bittersweet. Hope everyone's having a great week so far. :D

16 comments:

  1. Oooh good dupe! I think I preferred the way you wore York, more sparse, I like how it looks as opposed to full coverage. That looks cool too, bless your mum :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm not sure which I like better. I think if I could perfectly match one of the colors then full-cover would be great for an accent nail. :) I do know, though, it's going to be a major pain to take off. :p

      Delete
    2. Have you heard of glitter-a-peel by nail pattern boldness?! I ordered some and also glitter food (by the same company). The glitter-a-peel is supposed to last longer than the glue method but still has the awesome advantage of allowing us to just peel off those beloved glitter manis so we don't have to soak and scrub!

      Delete
    3. that's pretty cool! Never heard of it, but definitely sounds cool. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahahhha, it's cute how your mom expects it to feel fuzzy! It looks pretty awesome, I would have used one layer of a mint base color and went in with 2 coats of the bar glitter.
    I have been meaning to get fiona eek, but I am sort of "saving up" for an order from nail polish canada, I really want a holo from color club, a flakie from nfu oh, and for audrey and pixie dust from cg... eeek sooo many polishes I want
    oh yea and sparkling garbage thanks to you lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe You're welcome. ;) I know exactly how you feel. It seems like my wishlist is just multiplying every day! Nfu Oh flakie is on hold and the pixiedusts and don't even get me started on A England! I was hoping their rose jewelry would keep her from putting out new polishes any time soon....

      Delete
    2. *noses into another conversation* I hear Nfu oh has discontinued their flakies? Maybe it's best to get it now instead of later? Also Jasmine if you have a store close that sells Sinful Colors Be Happy is a dupe of CG For Audrey. I have a bottle. Only cost 2.5 on sale! It's an awesome polish. Great formula and long lasting too :)

      Delete
    3. It's true! *cries* I guess I should get at least one while NinjaPolish has them in stock....

      Delete
    4. Yup! Sorry to derail you when you're being so strong about saving but....yeah the Nfu Oh flakies may be gone before you know it *cries* I found that some of the flakies resembled Sinful Colors green ocean - do you have that one? If not it's worth buying it's BEAUTIFUL!

      Delete
    5. I did manage to find that one this year. :D I think I need a blue flakie, though... Soon as my nails are dry I'll see which of the Nfu Oh's I wrote down in anticipation and see if one of those is still in stock. :p

      Delete
    6. Ok will definitely be looking for be happy and yea... I shall make that order tonight! I am not going to loose my chance at getting those flakies!!

      Delete
  3. Hehe hubz saw your nails and said 'wow, looks like a birthday cake' hehe ah men :) Be strong! Try to save that $ methinks there will be a lot of polish on your upcoming birthday/christmas wishlists :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!! Birthday cake. I never would have thought so, but I can kinda see it. ;) hehehe Here's hoping for some generous friends picking through my wishlist this year. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  4. This polish loos a lot like the new barry m effect. I bought one today. Will try to show it soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I didn't know Barry M was doing these, too. :D Can't wait to see it!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!