Saturday, June 22, 2013

Norma's Take On Nfu Oh & Kiss: Purple Glitter & Challenge

I was going to wait 'til I got pics to share, but after hours of mowing in the heat I don't really feel like doing a whole lot to my nails. This way you get some extra informations and a couple of pictures because Purple Glitter isn't really that complicated. lol First a word or two from Norma! You all know her by now, right?

So I got my Nfu Oh's today. I did a paper test with them and they all dried in about 5-6 minutes. I wanted to know if they'd dry over nail polish so I painted an area with polish, waited for it to dry, then painted the Nfu Oh's over. They were dry (yet tacky) to a light touch after 5 minutes and after 10 minutes they were completely dry.

I got Nfu Oh 39 59 and 56.

I made sure to use pretty thin coats because I figured the jelly base would take way longer to dry if I used a medium or thick coat.

My guess - the forumlas on these are not good enough to warrant the hefty price tag but they are beautiful and so customers will buy them and they can keep charging so much money :/

I've had similar experiences with Sinful Colors Green Ocean and the KleanColor 'holos' (the slow drying jelly base) and those polishes can be made to work so I think these can too but they'd take more effort.

I think you'd absolutely need a good quick dry top coat. You'd also need patience. With this mani I'd think you'd need to make 100% sure your base color is dry (like paint your nails and come back a few hours later or even the next day!) and then do thin coats. To build opacity you'd have to wait, I'd think, 8-10 minutes between coats and then top it all off with a quick dry top coat.

So that's my two cents. I didn't get 40 but 39 looks very similar and has the same type of jelly base I'd think


Now maybe if we all bat our eyes and ask really nicely she'll send me some pics and a run-down on whether or not they behave the same way on her nails. *bats eyes* hehehe

Now for the Kiss striping polish in Purple Glitter.



Stripe. :p It is exactly what it says it is. Sort of. There is a smattering of red and blue glitters, but that just adds a bit of depth to the purple. Or... interest. Something. They're not obviously red and blue unless you're looking really close.



The base is clear. I first used it on a different color and was shocked by the clear base. I couldn't figure out what to do with it. The skinny striping brush is a bit limiting. I'm confused by glitter!!! lol I kind of like these simple stripes, though. Perhaps over a medium/dark purple cream. Of course if I planned on wearing it I'd be a little more careful to make sure my lines are straight.

Today's prompt:
How have you changed in the past two years?

I'm not sure that I have... Other than chronically doing my nails every day now. lol I did lose about 35lbs and gained almost half of that back, but I'm trying really hard to get back into the habit of exercising (had to look up how to spell that...) regularly. The muffin-top must go! Beyond that it's just been another string of same old. At least from my perspective.

Tomorrow's prompt:
Picture of five guys who are famous who you find attractive

Are there five? I'm sure I can come up with five... lol

12 comments:

  1. *gets rustled out of the bushes* ack! you've made me a headlining post! Okay okay you've hurried me along :D

    I was going to do a Star Trek mani for Drew and then try one of my Nfu Oh's over red for my Canada Day mani and send you pics but it's supposed to be nice tomorrow.

    I'll swatch all three of these for you over black (hopefully that'll make 'em pop!) and let you know what I find.

    I'm also going to use that glitter-a-peel base coat I raved about to you and include my thoughts on it :)

    *goes to make sure batteries for camera are charged*

    You'll be getting an email soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! *throws confetti* I can't wait!! :D It's gonna be so much fun!

      Delete
  2. I admire your patience, most of the time I choose my colors based how long it takes to dry lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do, too. Depends on how much time I have before bed or what I'm doing the next day. lol

      Delete
  3. hehe I'm like that a lot too Jasmine! I think I got a lot of my patience because of my hair style. I have twists and whenever I wash my hair I take them out and re-twist. So on a 'hair' day I'm looking at 5-7 hours of sitting there twisting twisting twisting... compared to that sitting around for 10 minutes for polish to dry is a nice vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! And here I am complaining about 90 minutes to straighten mine...

      Delete
    2. hahah right? But 90 min is a long time too. Do you straighten it often?

      Delete
    3. Naw, just now and then when I want to look pretty. lol 80% of the time I just leave it a moppy, frizzy mess. I used to talk my sister into straightening it for me twice a week, but she lives far away and works all the time now... So selfish.... LOL

      Delete
  4. Exercise is something I always disliked :) I sometimes try but after 3 days I find myself trying to find other things to do :)My hair doesn't take long to straightening but next day already has waves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is the same way! If it's too humid or I sweat even a little it starts waving up again. >_< I don't particularly like exercising either... after a while I kinda start to like it, but I never get used to being tired and sweaty. :p

      Delete
  5. I am not very patient when it comes to dry time. Then again, I get a lot of peeling when it comes to the fast dry. I must find a good medium. I have never really exercised in my life. I started walking last September and started doing Jillian Michaels in October. We joined a gym a couple of weeks ago. I HATE exercise. People keep telling me "oh you will start wanting to exercise after you do it for a while" Um...no! I have to talk myself into going to the gym every time I go!! I don't feel I have changed that much either. Maybe I have become more stubborn...ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when people say that. They're just endorphin junkies. lol Have you tried the Nutra Nail fast dry? I very rarely have problems with that one.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!