Monday, June 17, 2013

Nfu Oh: 54 +June Challenge Day 17

Yep, my list is short so I'm combining them. And look at me all early today. Well, not "early", but I restricted myself to two hours of State of Decay because.... uhm..... I just love you guys that much? LOL Actually I had intended to go to the bank (my mom keeps having me write checks for her because my dad won't let her near their checkbook lol), but... then I went out for pictures and it's just way too hot to go out twice... meh. The good news is I'm getting this posted before evening-time! And if I'm quick I get kill some more zombies before I have to go pick up dinner. hehehehe



(AIYGYAAAA!! I keep forgetting to fiddle with CCleaner and every time he runs it Chrome loses all my log-ins...)

*a-HEM* Starting with two coats of Zoya Noot and one coat of Zoya Chloe as an accent. Nfu Oh 54 was a bit thinner than 40, but... since Noot went on a bit thick I went ahead and topcoated and drop-dried this one as well. It is a thinner, less gloopy formula, though. And I was going to topcoat anyway to smooth everything out. I just got impatient even though I really had nothing else to do last night... :p



So pretty! Despite the drying issues (which I've successfully circumvented in prime mad-scientist fashion) I would totally get more of these. Also because soon there won't be any more! *cries* Oh! Wait 'til you see this!



woah.... Just got dizzy for a second. Weird.... Anyway, I love how matte topcoat makes the flakies so much easier to see. Like instant stained glass. So deep.... *sighs* If you're curious I used my old bottle of Warpaints Beauty (also DC) matte topcoat. I have, like, five different brands of this stuff, but that one's open so... yeah. Oh, just FYI: If you haven't encountered it yet, be cautious when using matte topcoat over multiple polish layers like this. It does dry quickly, but it can melt the layers underneath and still squish everything up; and I do recommend using some kind of topcoat to smooth it out (if you're going over flakies or glitter) because it will magnify any texture "flaws". Unless that's what you're going for, then by all means. lol

Today's prompt:
Your highs and lows of this past year

Most of the past 10 years have kind of melted into each other. The highs I'd have to say have been delving hardcore into a whole polish world I didn't know existed and meeting all of you wonderful people through it, and the challenge posts. Back in the day people used to think I was crazy with my "out there" polish choices and now I know I'm not. The lows were when my bestest chat-buddy went MIA (chatting is still irregular, but better than nothing) and worrying about Saleen. She's more or less back to her old self, so Yay! :D Not too bad, I guess.

Tomorrow's prompt:
Your beliefs

Oh deary me again... lol I'll try to keep that well-organized and succinct. ;) Also deciding between Want My Bawdy and Paper Chasing for tomorrow. Any preferences?

14 comments:

  1. love the addition of the matte topcoat and hurray for saleen's recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah I LOVE mattifying polish! I just took my matte nails off actually hehe. Humm a choice? Want my bawdy please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Great minds! That's totally the one I picked! :D

      Delete
  3. I love how you push your two blog topics into one. As i have probably said before I know nothing about nail art so you and Jasmine at the Happy Sloths are showing me so much. Are your nails real or acrylic ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are real. :D My mom always kept her nails long and kind of inspired me. Thankfully *knock on wood* I haven't broken one in a while. lol

      Delete
  4. Oh also so happy this bottle of Nfu Oh was better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a Brand that i haven't tried yet :)The matte topcoat looks really nice with the flakies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. Even if just to have one of these amazing bottles to display. ;)

      Delete
  6. MATTE! I love flakies matted. And glitters matted. Just matte everything ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :D Matte EVERYTHING! Love it.

      Delete
  7. So pretty! I have a few Nfu Oh flakies, but not 54. Trying to tell myself surely I have something similar...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably do, but.... ya know similar just isn't the same.... hehehehe ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!