Saturday, June 29, 2013

Misa: Toxic Seduction & June Challenge: Day 29

Finished mowing the back yard! :D In the process I kinda borked my mani a bit, but at least these pics came out okay.



I thought that Toxic Seduction was going to be more of a straight jungle green, but it's definitely gone some strong blueness in it. This is two coats. Not bad considering some of the sheerness issues I've had with Misa in the past.



Dry time was... fair. You could probably do better, but I ended up a little heavy-handed on the second coat. Not entirely my fault. Wanted to get out early to finish mowing. Served me right. :p But taking into account how freakishly hot it got today, I don't feel so bad for my haste.



That's about 41.7C. *dies* And summer's only begun! We should cool off the next couple of days, but after that... it's going right back up. I wonder if we'll see 114/45.5 again this year...

Jasmine has an amazing swatch of Harp On It on her blog... and she just had to hook me with "sci-fi" and "futuristic". So no untrieds tomorrow, but hopefully I'll have my own fabulous sci-fi mani. (please let it look as good as it does in my head pleasepleaseplease) *ahem* If it doesn't you'll see it anyway, because mistakes can be helpful, too. lol

Today's prompt:
Goals for the next 30 days

Well, I'm probably not going to participate in another blog challenge next month. I started slacking because it got to be a bit much. I am, however, going to keep posting my normal stuff daily and continue to get on the bike at least every other day. Also going to keep chugging away at my tablet goal. Even if I do really really really want another insane polish haul... lol I'm also going to try really hard to have the dishes done while my dad is home and not the whole rest of the time but somehow un-miraculously not when he's here. -_- I think that's it for goals. Don't want to set the bar too high. Perhaps if I can nail this much then I can aim a little higher for August.

Tomorrow's prompt:
Your highs and lows of this month

10 comments:

  1. Yea I definitely don't think I can do another challenge, I kind of just stopped this month, the topics are just getting repetitive and I don't have much to share any more lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about how I started feeling. If you happen across a nail art challenge or something, let me know! :D

      Delete
  2. I will be here challenge or not x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nail polish friend just sent me Toxic Seduction, can't wait to try it! I cannot believe that temperature. We would all die if it were 41c. I'm not even messing, Ireland at 24c is a nuthouse. There would just be armies of very red very sweaty people everywhere! Harp On It is one of the best holos I've ever tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I have another friend in Ireland. He's obsessed with the idea of moving someplace tropical, but balks at our summer temperatures. I think he's a little confused by what "tropical" means. ;) Hope you enjoy Toxic Seduction! At least you won't be expecting a straight-up green like I was. lol

      Delete
  4. Over 40 degrees C...*head explodes* ugh. Agree with a name like 'Toxic' I'd expect something green or super bright and radio active looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yeah! That would be super nice. ^_^

      Delete
  5. I'm sticking around. You blog pretty much every day anyway. I like the challenges to keep me blogging everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Great to have you. I'll be keeping up with your blog as well.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!