Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Like My Sweater

Once upon a time, not so long ago, I had this sweater. One of those long sweaters that's almost like a dress? It had these super thick stripes of white, grey and black. It was chic and sexy, but kind of itchy. Then I got fat and kind of lost track of it. Maybe I'll find it and can wear it come winter. Anyway, that sweater is the inspiration for today's nail... 'art'. First, the colors!



OPI Solitaire, Zoya London and Zoya Dahlia. This probably would have looked a little cleaner if I had tried to use tape to color-block it, but... I think it looks more sweatery this way.



Easy peasy. Two coats of Solitaire, then one of London and Dahlia at the tips. Or... the whole bottom half in some cases. :p Whatever. I like that it looks all fuzzy like a sweater.



Guess what came in the mail today!



I did a quick test since Jasmine was having dry-time issues with #40 and I'm having the same issues. I'll try to remember to get a pic of that tomorrow. I'll definitely be using some quick-dry topcoat when I wear #40 tomorrow! *happy dance* Over lavendar cuz OMG it looks awesome. You're gonna love it. Also, my mom got me this:



I've seen mixed reviews, but I figure worst-case-scenario it's 7 new plates, a fresh dotting tool and brush and about a bazillion (appx 2,400) rhinestones. That's what you call awesome in a box. Totally looking forward to trying that out... after I try out Nfu Oh 40. hehehe

I've been promising pics of my sock progress. My mom had a diabetes appointment in Temple so I took it with me to work on. It's still slow going, but I am making progress.



It's hard to tell by the way it stretches at the loom and then kind of shrinks so I dug out my measuring tape. Nearly 7" altogether, so that's 4" of orange and 3" of green. Another 5" of green and I get to learn how to make a heel! I'm going to do that in purple. I better get to work, because I'm super excited about that! That's when the whole "sock" thing is really going to take shape. Time to update my stash... collection page with the new polishes and get crackin'! Hope everyone's having a terrific week! :D

14 comments:

  1. I find your nail art fascinating. I would never have the patience not in a million years. It really is art. You must have incredibly steady hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw shucks *blushes* Actually I just hold my breath; my hands shake awfully when I'm trying to paint. lol

      Delete
  2. I hope the quick drop method works for you, but I ain't gonna go out and spend 8 bucks on a bottle of quick drop! I am actually really bummed, I can't believe a 13$ bottle of polish can be so crappy, I don't know, I think I'll give it one more try but I am so unimpressed :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a cheap quick dry topcoat? I use NutraNail and that's only $2, and I just picked up an LA Colors quick-dry for $1 today. It really is a shame... I've also heard people having problems with the holos. Kind of irritating, but it's hard to stay mad at something so pretty. ;)

      Delete
    2. OOH you got the Nfu Oh's! Can't wait to see the Green Ocean/40 comparison :D

      Also WTF on the dry issues? I've read sooo many reviews on 40 and not one of them said anything about the dry issues. Why the heck not?! That's grounds for me to avoid a polish at all costs (provided the quick dry top coat didn't do the trick). I've completely written off KleanColor because I had so many drying issues/bubbling/staining problems with that brand. I wonder if all the Nfu Oh flakies have drying issues or is it just 40?

      Also your sock is getting cuter by the day Lizzy!

      Delete
    3. Hummm now I'm thinking - anything that's hyped is usually a let down for me. Maybe Nfu Oh is so hyped just because it's the only brand that's done a line of flakies in multiple colors? I don't get why more brands don't put out flakies when they're in demand.

      Delete
    4. I know! OMG I searched all last night for anybody mentioning the dry time and could only find one blog and all she said was "(because of the dry time issue)". In parenthesis like that! Uhm, what issue? She didn't even say. I know I'm not terribly specific, but I try to mention if it takes *forever*. :p

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the sweater nails! You did a great job on them. And those nfu ohs look absolutely amazing! I'm impressed by the neatness of your sockmaking, you are so creative <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Thanks. :D Great to see you around, even if you are incognito. lol

      Delete
  4. Oh, and that comment above is Hennie (the nail buff) by the way. My "real" google account. Way too lazy to log out and log in again... :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sock is lookin good!! I love the Zoya colors. My husband is not going to like you very much...I will be spending all of his money on nail polish...haha! Just kidding, he really doesn't care as long as bills are paid. Plus, he knows he lives in a house with girls and fingernail polish is a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!! That's kind of the same philosophy my dad had. He wanted girls so whenever crazy girl stuff came up he'd just go with the flow as long as bills were paid and nothing got destroyed in the process. Even when we decided to get him a Rugrats towel to take on the road with him. He STILL uses it!

      Delete
  6. It does look like a fuzzy jumper :D cayute! I like all the textured polishes that you've used, I think that the more I see them the more I like them :P. I enjoy seeing your sock progress too, I'm interested to see how you make the heel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Once again I'm luring you to the dark side. hehehehe ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!