Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ermahgerd.....

*dies*..... This hasn't quite been the longest two days ever, but it's been pretty rough. Spent all day working on the tire yesterday to no avail, barely made progress today and had to call in some big guns. Let me backtrack a little. After yesterday's efforts I made a trip to Walmart this morning. Now, my dad said to take the credit card, but he's got a (totally bogus) court date on the 1st so to give him a break I used my money to rain down hell on the stupid stubborn nut that didn't want to budge. So... the bad news is that I'm back to square one on the topaz hunting. The "good" news is that I now have some snazzy new tools. Yay?





Didn't end up needing the giant wrench, but something heavy and swingable isn't a bad thing to have around, even after we get a gun. I spent almost an hour exhausting the methods I had read online about removing a stubborn, rounded lug nut. Finally Aaron came out and managed to get the cross thingy wedged on there enough to finally wrench it free!



So what was the big problem?



Whatever crap they had coated the lug nut with had expanded or something and it wasn't durable enough to withstand the pressure of being turned. Once I got that crap (more or less) off, the process was a lot easier. WTF? Really? Lug nuts do not need to be shiny. Just effective. Keep the tire on and come off when it's time to change the tire. That's all I ask. That, however, was only the first part of the battle. That fancy hydraulic jack was a pain in the ass. The rocks in the driveway didn't help to get it flat and it popped out twice while he was trying to get the tire off. Finally he called his mom and she and his uncle came to the rescue. He had some of that old school ingenuity and managed to work the jack, using one of those come-with-your-car jacks as a support and got the van up high enough to get the busted tire off and the donut on. Woohoo!

That was done a little before noon. The reason I'm so late posting is because after lunch and a much needed shower I spent a few hours hanging out with Brak, my bestie. Didn't get any pics, but we talked and played with the new puppy. Who isn't bright. At all. lol They have two older dogs so hopefully she'll learn before she demolishes the whole house. Or herself. We both decided that if we ever get a dog on our own choosing (this puppy is her parents' and Jet is technically my mom's) it will be an older dog. Preferably one that sleeps a lot. ;) That's more our speed. Older dogs need love, too.

I'm so tired and sore. Also, I got sunburned on my back. I keep forgetting and scratching it. >_< Also, I broke four nails working on the tire, so I'm in the process of filing them down to more-or-less even. I do have some new colors to look forward to, though.



(see how grubby my hand is? lol) Eva So Bright and Over It. Another 1000 Reward Points for me. *happy dance* I think I'm up to 7200 now. 2800 more and I'll have $10 to use at Walgreens. hehehe I think I'm going to hang on to it, though, and see if I can reach the $50 (which I think is the cap?) to spoil myself with. Which reminds me, my mom replaced the ink in the printer. Should check the expiration date on that Ulta essie coupon and see if it's still good... and it is! Should try to print that out before she goes ballistic printing stuff. lol

I guess that's it. Few more nails to file down and a stash page to update. ;) I wanted to wear Paper Chasing today so you can look forward to that tomorrow! :D Hope everyone's having a great week.

8 comments:

  1. hmmm, looking forward to some swatches, I hope your nails weren't too damaged :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too badly. Normal posting will resume. ;)

      Delete
  2. Your day sounds exhausting! Sometimes I hate cars and all of their pieces that could go wrong!! Sorry about your nails. I hate when I break one. Glad to hear you finally got the tire off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's like they make them super complicated on purpose. :( I'm not a huge fan of breaking my nails either... lol Thankfully it's been a while, but still...

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you got the tire off, (we spell it tyre, why the hell is that?!) - I hate those stupid jobs that try to get the better of you and then exact their fiery revenge by breaking your nails. A quad bike trailer demolished one of mine last year too, took ages to grow out :/ But yay for polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hate to pay the penance for getting the best of it. Stupid tire. Or tyre. I don't know why that is. lol

      Delete
  4. I don't know nothing about cars :) Can't wait for the pink polish swatch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know some, but I feel like I could definitely know more.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!