Monday, June 3, 2013

Color Club: Worth The Risque

*falls over* Been a long day, y'all. lol Good news first! :D Last night we got home (late) from visiting the in-laws and when I opened up the can of cat food Saleen came darting out from behind the tv! She was a little grungy, but looking more normal than I would have expected. I only gave her a little bit and she ate half of it, but as far as I'm aware she hasn't thrown it back up. *fingers crossed* She's hiding under the couch now, but at least that's a fairly normal and far easier place.

More good news! We're supposed to have mostly clear skies for the next couple of days!! Perfect time to swatch some holos. :D Worth The Risque isn't new or anything (I haven't worn it, so it's new to me!), but it's still worth raving about.



This is three coats for full opacity. I expected more of a scattered holo, but turns out Worth The Risque is just a more diffuse linear holo. Pretty! It does dry matte, but that just means it dries SUPER quick. By the time I got to my last nail, the first was ready for it's second coat.



*swoons* So fabulous. One day I'll do a silver holo comparison. I know there are plenty out there, but... they're not me. :p

I wanted to make the most of the sun, but my mom looked disappointed that I wasn't wearing Fuzz-Sea, so... rather than make mama cry I'll be wearing that tomorrow. And likely again on July 4th for her next Georgetown appointment so she can show it off to her dermatologist. lol No one can ever say I don't humor the crazy lady.

Ended up getting my brakes worked on. Was only going to get an estimate with my oil change, but... I had no pads left. So I needed new rotors, too. He worked with me within my budget and now my new parts are warrantied for life and the labor is as well for the next year. *happy dance* No more paying for brakes! :D Midas only offered that if you bought the über-expensive ceramic pads. *boo* on them. Oil change was about the same as Midas, except the part where Brake Check Plus gives you every fourth oil change free. *double-happy dance* Only complaint I have is that they didn't turn off my MAINT REQD light. *boo* I hate that light... Need to google up how to turn it off myself. :p

Wow... is that it? I'm so exhausted it feels like there should be more. Just need to figure out what color to use as a base for Fuzz-Sea... fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy.... I don't know. I'll think of something. lol Take care and have a great week! Or... day. Both. *insert giant cheesy grin*

10 comments:

  1. It's finally sunny here today too!
    Glad to hear Saleen is doing better!
    I am definitely putting this one on my wishlist, I have been meaning to get a legit silver holographic polish for soooo long! What is the difference between the scattered and the diffuse linear holo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With any linear holo you get a distinct rainbow effect, scattered holo works more like glitter. You get the pretty sparkles but it doesn't line up in a prism effect at all. :) Since WTR is an older polish (and not one of the new holo lines) you should be able to find it for relatively cheap. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Ooh thank you for the explanation, I definitely like the linear look better!

      Delete
  2. Olá :)

    Essa cor prata é a mais bonita que vi até agora *-*

    Estou seguindo. Aguardo sua visita ^^

    Beijos =*

    Girl Supimpa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fico feliz que você gosta. Bom tê-lo aqui.

      Delete
  3. Glad your kitty seems to be doing better :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prettttty 😄 can't beat a good holo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. ;) Easy way to feel special.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!