Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Color Club: Beyond

Miss one day and lose a follower? o_O Well dang. Oh well. I needed the day off. Sorry about that, but I was just completely overwhelmed by everything and just unplugged. We went to the bbq Sunday and that did take all day as I predicted and then yesterday... meh. Just sat here swagging, knitting, reading (Joyland) and we watched Warm Bodies which, if you haven't seen it yet: you must! Even if you're not really into zombie movies, it's not really a zombie movie. It has zombies in it, but it's much more than that. I was particularly excited because while it was in production (I can share now teehee) I took a survey about it and what I thought about different elements, even down to choosing the name for the male lead! It was long ago so I don't remember if his name is the one I preferred, but everything was just so good. Definitely see it. I won't tell you to download it for free if you have to, but... you can if you have to. :p Seriously, you have to watch it.

Today was super sunny so I decided now would be as good a time as any to finish off my Halo Hues. I got Beyond out into the sun and instantly wanted to order more....



So pretty!!! *dies* Two coats, super quick dry time. If you're not really into black, this would be a good one to get used to it. ;) Well, this one or Dahlia. lol



Since this is a commemorative occasion I wanted to take a quick vid so you could see the loveliness in action. Thanks to a waning battery it ended up being a very quick vid... Don't blink!



Uhm... ta-da? Hope you could see that. I refuse to change batteries until my camera just won't turn on anymore. No waste here. :p

You're probably wondering what I wore to the bbq, huh? ....what's that? You forgot!? Well now I'm reminding you. I was going to wear Midori but had issues with it in the shower (shrinkage! hair marks! the horror!!!) so I took it off and grabbed something I knew would be "WOW" and dry quickly. Zoya London. Naturally. Because I woke up at 4am to a thunderstorm. :p Yesterday I dug out my Amuse pen and... attempted some swirly archy keyhole... decorative... design... *sigh*



Looks like creepy silhouettes. lol I suck so bad at this. It did give me a fun, texture, greyscale idea that I should be able to pull off and will share with you tomorrow! Speaking of texture, I'm probably not going to get any of the LA Girl ones. They're $4 each (scanner finally worked) and I was expecting closer to $2. I'll wait and see if any end up in the clearance bin. Got too much to save up for without blowing money on colors I have lukewarm feelings for. So how am I doing on that so far? Well...

$54.40 in my amazon GC account
$10.00 hopefully soon from the focus group
$14.00 in OpinionOutpost
$25.00 in Swagbucks
-----------------------------------------
$103.40/$323

Nearly 1/3 of the way there. Not awful, and the one I want (with box and bootup disc and keyboard and directions included) is still available. *fingers crossed* Want to try and compile at least $80 real-life-money to go rock hunting and I have $20 towards that. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will need their lawn mowed or a ditch dug....

Guess that's all for me. Trying to get back into the swing of housework. Laundry, dishes, garbage, etc. *ugh* Hope everyone's having a great week so far!

14 comments:

  1. Eh you deserve a day off from time to time! The ones who love your blog will stay :D

    LOVE the holo *drools* I've got my Layla flash black lined up to wear on a sunny day and you make me want to wear it even more!

    OOH London is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw *hugs* Thanks. It did help a little. I think I may have to do that from time to time until I can get away properly. I didn't end up getting any of the Laylas. Even on sale they're so expensive! I hope you get to wear it soon. From the ones I've seen Layla holos are AMAZING!!

      Delete
    2. I agree, you prob should take breaks from time to time. You're doing polish and the day challenges - it's a lot of posting!
      I know right? I got mine for $8 it was in the drop dead bin at one of my pharmacies. Even then I thought it was a little pricy (hehe I'm cheap!) And we don't get lots of son in my province + I work an office job so while holos are a fun 'novelty' for me they arent' a must have. I need colors that look amazing in any type of light!

      Delete
    3. $8 isn't bad for Layla, and if you're going to have one 'novelty' holo then that's a good one. I guess I'm spoiled here, once summer hits it's going to be months of nothing but sunshine. Definitely will be re-wearing some of my favorite holos. ;)

      Delete
  2. I saw warm bodies in theaters, it was alright in my opinion, a fun movie, but not something that leaves you a lot to think about...
    hah i love your keyhole nail art, it is very abstract lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw Lizzy, did you get your nfu oh 40? I am having huge issues with this, it literally takes forever to dry! The formula is just ends up gelling up instead of hardening! I don't know if I should contact the online shop and try to get a refund... :/

      Delete
    2. lol I liked it because it was funny and different. And it does kind of give you something to think about. What if they could get better? Not something you really see in movies. I haven't gotten my Nfu Ohs yet. They were supposed to be delivered today, but they just left San Antonio so hopefully tomorrow. That's a little disappointing, but I'm not terribly surprised. The KleanColor "holographics" were the same way. That's why I'm so squeemish about jelly polishes. -_- I'll try that one first as soon as I get them to see if it's the same.

      Delete
    3. Ugh Jasmine! You'd think for the price of a Nfu Oh they'd freaking dry in a decent time. Lizzy made me think regarding KleanColor holographics - those won't dry either. But I found a way to make em work that may help you (it's time consuming!) wait 10-15 minutes between coats (if you do more than one), make sure the coats are thin! Then put good ole Seche on top (after the 10-15 min wait). I did that for my KC 'holos' and it worked like a charm and no shrinkage!

      Delete
    4. Quick dry topcoat definitely helped with the KCs, should work with these, too. *ugh* Now I'm all worried about them melting the base color.....

      Delete
    5. Melty base colors are no fun at all! You 'could' leave the base on for a full day then put the super cool flakies over top *dodges thrown shoe* I know the flakies are full of awesome, I know! Eesh sorry I suggested it ;) OR you could just risk the melty base color and hope for the best ;)

      Delete
    6. LOL I did a test and it didn't appear too melty, #40 didn't dry after half an hour, though, so definitely going for a quick-dry topcoat.

      Delete
    7. I'll dry painting my base color a day before to make sure that's completely dry.
      Thanks for the tips guys, but honestly I am soooo disappointed UGH

      Delete
  3. Hehe followers is like that some people just follow waiting to get followed back and after a while unfollow. Anyway love this color better than color club revolution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have Revolution... probably on my wishlist. lol Yeah, I usually just hang on to blogs on my reading list even if I don't read them. Until they haven't posted in about a year or so and then I unfollow. *shrugs* I'm not that concerned, just thought it was interesting timing.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!