Friday, June 7, 2013

Blog In June: Day 7

Ha! Titled it right the first time. :p

Today's prompt:
Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality.

Everyone who knows me knows I'm a scorpio and damn proud of it. I'll even do you one better. In the Chinese zodiac I'm a Monkey and I fit that, too. It's not something I'm always proud of. I like to have fun with people and being a scorpio... my "having fun" can sometimes come across as mean-spirited, even if that's not how I intend it. I mean... I used to think it was hilarious jumping out of the closet and screaming "The Skeksis are coming!" at my sister and watching her fall over herself to get out of the room. I wasn't trying to be mean (seriously, she was way to scaredy and sensitive and she actually thanked me for toughening her up, now nobody can scare her cuz she was "tormented" by the best), but apparently nobody thought it was as funny as I did. I may have peed myself a couple times. And in my defense I told her it would stop being funny if she would stop screaming and it still took her years to not be afraid. :p

Childhood antics aside, I do love a good joke and there's a fine line between kinda-mean and downright-cruel that I do not like to see crossed. Don't dish it if you can't take it and, hey, she recruited my dad to get me back on more than a few occasions. I took my heart attack like a big girl and we all had a good laugh. (side note: I do NOT like pranks or prank-wars. Too often they cross the line and escalate way out of control) As for my scorpio side, I am a total water sign. Very spiritual, deep and love the cleansing waters. I don't give up my secrets easily and I don't take to being crossed. I'm also very protective of people I hold dear... even when they make it clear they don't want/need my help; the feeling is still there.

Interesting fact #31: My mom is also a Monkey-Scorpio and so we butt heads a lot. She'll never concede that I'm right and I know better. :p We love each other, but as normal people? We do not get along at all. But at least we know why and can laugh about it. Here's some pics I found on Zodiac Society's Tumblr Page that I found especially appropriate.



And one from Chinese Zodiac Tumblr.



Now I know a lot of people think "my sign doesn't describe me at all" and you know why? That's only part of the story. Your birth chart is made up of all the planets' positions in the sky over your birth. Some people have very lopsided charts. It's not bad, it just happens. If you want to see your birth chart and astrology report check out Astrolabe. Keep in mind it is free so it's still only a general overview of what each planet in each house represents and not an in-depth look at how they interact with each other. One day I'll pay the $25 to get that one for myself. ;)

I guess that's all I had to say about that... Should probably sleep now since it's 2am. lol

Tomorrow's prompt:
A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life

Don't worry, totally not gonna cop-out with "omg when I got married, of course". I'd feel like too much of a hypocrite if I did. :p

13 comments:

  1. My brother is scorpio too we used to fight all the time lololololol. He also loves to make jokes not only scary ones. Even know sometimes I do fall for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's cute. Siblings will always know how to get you the best. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh no you seem pretty into this stuff, lol I hope my post doesn't offend you then :s
    Funny thing though, I am a monkey and so are both my parents, we are a family of monkeys :) and you and your mom are both monkeys XD lol I am getting excited over nothing haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No worries. I know a lot of people don't believe in it. That's okay. It's not a friendship-breaker. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hehe! OMG I love the how to resolve a fight with a Capricorn. SO ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest sister (not the scaredy cat one) is a Capricorn, too! It doesn't fit her at all, and I think that's because she was *supposed* to be born December 18th and held on until Christmas. :p

      Delete
    2. haha look at your sister messing with the zodiac calendar ;)

      Delete
    3. I know, right? Just like her, too. :p Gotta be different. lol

      Delete
  4. I have a Scorpio moon and relate to that stronger than my Sun sign of Aries.
    I read the tarot and by far the hardest people to read for are Scorpio males- man oh man are they intense !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine! I don't think I've ever known one. Tons of scorpio sisters, but no males. I think that might be for the best... lol

      Delete
  5. If I weren't a Capricorn, I totally could be a Scorpio. I am going to look at that website now. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. :) I hope you find it at least interesting. lol

      Delete
    2. That was extremely interesting. Most of it was spot on! Only a couple of things were off. I like how it pulled from different signs.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!