Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blog In June: Day 5

Today's prompt:
A time you thought about ending your own life

Blah. I'm not a depressed person. I'm not really "suicidal". I've never given serious thought to killing myself. I have thought about it, though. On several occasions. Life gets hard, ya know? Things happen and I think "I don't know how much more of this I can take....". Whenever I get to the point of "I wish it would just end" I think of all the people that count on me and keep pushing forward. My best friend and I have a pact that if things get too hard we'll kill ourselves together, but that's more of a fail-safe than an actual desire. We don't want to, but if we just feel we have to (BOTH of us) then it's an option. Knowing the option is there makes things easier to deal with. There isn't really a plan there, except we're going to write a world changing manifesto of a suicide note. Which takes time and time gives you the opportunity to re-decide if it's something you really want to do. Deep down I know that I'll probably just keep pushing until I break (mentally or physically), but... it would be a lie if I said I'd never thought about it. As for a "time" I've thought about it? *shrugs* Randomly here and there. Would be like a deranged game of Keno if it were plotted on a giant calendar. lol

Tomorrow's prompt:
Write 30 interesting facts about yourself

Now here's a fun one! Some of them might be repeats from previous challenge posts, but I'll see if I can't come up with a few new ones you might not know. lol

11 comments:

  1. Wow some of these questions are pretty heavy! I think everyone's thought 'I don't know how much more I can take' from time to time. Completely human :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think so. lol It's rough out there! I hope that people who have it easy realize how lucky they are. Looks like there are a couple of intense ones coming up, but I think we've gotten the worst out of the way. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yea, I think everyone thinks about suicide but it's different from actually considering/attempting it.
    Good for you, you sound like a real tough cookie! :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think life is hard. Very few have it easy. One of my favourite quotes is "Life is like a video game, you never know what's on the next level.
    - Katarina Lingat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has to be one of the most awesome quotes ever! :D

      Delete
  4. I am so ready for lighter topics. If people do commit suicide, I ask that they please leave a note. Give people an insight to what their loved one was thinking and for the mindset they were in. Can't wait to read tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a note is only polite. No sense compounding one selfish act with another.

      Delete
  5. I love your post.
    Death/Suicide- Blah.
    Made me smile xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!