Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Blog In June: Day 18

Today's prompt:
Your beliefs

This could probably be taken about a bazillion different ways. I believe that all things that have been conceived exist somewhere. Mermaids, Big Foot, Jackalope. They may not all exist here, but they do exist. I believe it is arrogant and small-minded to think that our planet is the only one in the entire universe that has intelligent life on it. I believe that my mom sits around thinking of things to make me do for her own amusement. I believe reading and math are essential and that nitpicking history with names and dates muddies the essence of it. I believe that with all of the over-population and orphans and starving and/or unwanted children in the world that lab-created birth should be more highly regulated and abortion fully legalized. I believe that anybody who wants to be a politician is inherently corrupt (power corrupts and wanting power is already a foot in the door) and we will only be saved by an overhaul of the current system. I believe this includes our judicial system as well. (If you follow the news at all, that shooting on Ft. Hood was 20 minutes away from me; there are living people who SAW him do it and he's still considered "innocent" until (finally, maybe) proven guilty? I call bullshit. Due to the nature of his crime and the number of living witnesses if it had happened anywhere else in Texas he'd have been executed by now.) If you hadn't guessed, I believe in capital punishment. I'll do you one better and say I believe if we still had public executions then crime wouldn't be so high. I also believe that if rich people were unable to buy politicians (keeping the poor down and, in fact, making their situation progressively worse) crime wouldn't be so high. And, because it just came up on facebook again, I believe that some people just aren't happy unless they're being a bitch. *ugh* Ever have a friend that has a friend and you wonder "how did they ever end up being friends?"? Yeah, I get that a lot. Oh, I also believe that everyone has the right to disagree with me. I know I have a lot of wildly unpopular and politically incorrect beliefs; I also believe that deep down most people agree with me, even if they don't have the balls to admit it. To themselves or anybody else.

Tomorrow's prompt:
Disrespecting your parents

Uhm... hrm...

14 comments:

  1. I have this personal belief that at this point in our world, no one should be having their own kids, like seriously, if you want kids, go adopt, why are you creating more kids when there are so many out there that need a father and a mother?!?!?! But yea apparently if that happens, we take away people's right to reproduce.... but I say who cares....

    Death sentence still doesn't sit right with me, I just don't think we have the right to take away anyone's life, it just feels very cruel to me, but then again, keeping serial killers and rapists in jail their whole life also seems like a waste of money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? People are their insane attachment to reproduction. *ppfffft* My thing is that there are killers and rapist who we are unable to rehabilitate. They are a clear danger to society and it IS insanely expensive to keep them alive and well fed. They made their decision when they decided to kill, ya know? If you know the consequences and still decide to do something, then it's your own fault and you take your medicine like a man. Ya know?

      Delete
    2. Agree so much Jasmine. I don't understand people who insist on 'big families' My BF as much as I love her wants 4 freaking kids. Why? To further overpopulate and destroy the world? Makes no sense and seems like the height of selfishness.

      I also believe while the practice isn't perfect - China is onto something with its population laws. I think all first world governments should enforce those practices. Maybe allow people one child and then start burning and tying tubes to ensure (as much as they can I know 'sometimes' freak accidents happen and tubes become untied etc) that they have no more kids. The world just doesn't need 'em. Why pop out all these kids so they can be stuck on a dying planet in the next 30 years that has double or triple the population it's burdened with now?


      On killers - Lizzy have you ever watched the show the first 48-the killer speaks? Scary stuff. I think when it comes down to the killer saying flat out 'I did it. I would do it again if I got out. I don't regret it'. Well IMHO those people especially do not deserve to live.

      Delete
    3. I have not seen that, but yeah. There are scary people out there who are a clear danger to the rest of us. Why waste the space?

      Delete
    4. Oh you guys, thank you for agreeing, I brought this topic up with my parents once and I swear they thought I was CRAZY! But like really, I think we as human are a bit more evolved to get over the whole MUST REPRODUCE TO SPREAD MY GENES idea. :/

      Delete
    5. Exactly! We *should* be evolved enough to look at the situation logically. Unfortunately it's taking a while to catch on....

      Delete
  2. I agree with all of your points (apart from the one about your Mom because I don't know her) ;-) Adding on to the bitch one, I believe that people LIKE it when other people are bitches, because then they can bitch freely about said bitches without being tarred a bitch. If ykwim :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touche! lol I think some people definitely do. In fact, I know a couple of them definitely do... Whatever makes 'em feel better, I guess. lol

      Delete
  3. Great post!! I completely agree we need to overhaul both our government and our judicial system as well. There is so much corruption. I didn't know you lived that close to Ft. Hood. My brother was stationed there for his first 4 years. I still have friends in Lampasas. I also believe that people are ignorant if they think we are the only planet with living beings. There are millions of galaxies and surely there is other life out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Yeah, my dad got stationed there in '92 and with my mom's medical needs she's kind of resigned herself here to be near her doctors. It was a little frightening when the shooting happened because I had *just* dropped my mom off there to go on a church trip the night before, and my hubby asked me what the pop-up barricades would be used for.... Found out.

      Delete
    2. I would have been so scared. That is crazy. I hate when things like that happen so close to home.

      Delete
    3. Me too. The worst, though, I think has to be how long the trial has been dragging on. And it hasn't even really started yet! The families of the victims deserve closure and letting him get away with these shenanigans is just making it worse.

      Delete
  4. -it is arrogant and small-minded to think that our planet is the only one in the entire universe that has intelligent life on it.
    -nitpicking history with names and dates muddies the essence of it.
    -lab-created birth should be more highly regulated and abortion fully legalized.

    Definitely agree with these and capital punishment. I actually believe abortion should be free in all countries. I know there's the worry that people will 'abuse' it or use it as birth control but frankly I'd rather see abortion be free and accessible for all even considering that risk (and I'm not convinced women en masse would then use abortion as birth control I mean come on!). Better that than abused/unwanted/neglected children.

    Humm you know what puzzles me more than the bitch friend of a friend? It's people who I just see no good in who I'm not friends with (like my overbearing insecure know it all coworker for example) who have friends. It makes me think o_O how can YOU have a friend? And kinda makes me question the sanity of the friend of said annoying person ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly a keen point people *try* to make in support of abortion. Nobody WANTS to get an abortion, we just want it to be an option "just in case". I've been as careful as I can possibly be, but like you said before sometimes things happen. It's only logical for the government to offer to pay for one abortion over 18 years of "assistance".

      OMG That puzzles me as well. I mean, there's got to be *something* there, right? I dunno... Seems a lot of people are just hell bent on encouraging the bad behaviors of others... Like my cousin trash-talking her exes all the time. If they were so bad, why did you let them knock you up? o_O I try to stay out of those conversations.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!