Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blog In June: Day 16

Today's prompt:
Your views on mainstream music

I'll be honest, I haven't had a firm grip on what "mainstream music" even is since grunge was big nearly two decades ago. I don't listen to rap (or, rather, haven't since the late 80s early 90s when it went from fun/sexy to degrading/violent/repetitivestupidity) and only rarely listen to country. I guess "pop" is generally what's referred to as "mainstream" and all I know about that is how last decade's "pop princesses" are, by and large, hot messes now. I don't know who's big; last I remember is Lady Gaga and the last thing she put out that I listened to was a few years ago, too. Beyonce's alright if I don't pay too close attention to her personal life. I guess my view is there's not a whole lot "mainstream" worth listening to. I'll probably find out in 20-30 years when it makes it's way into my oldies station's rotation. Course by then I'll be listening to "ultra oldies" anyway.... *shrugs* Maybe I'm just getting old. I don't get kids' music these days. LOL

Tomorrow's prompt:
Your highs and lows of this past year

Uhm... is that "this past year" meaning the last six months since New Years, or "this past year" since last June? o_O

6 comments:

  1. i dont listen to rap or country gahhh, pop sometimes, but yea most mainstream stuff are meh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not really a lot going on lately. Hopefully it will turn around.

      Delete
  2. Haha! I've said the same thing - I'm not into today's music/fashion (well except nails ;) ) I don't get it. *shrug* I must be getting old :D There are a few songs I do enjoy (like I think thrift shop by macklemore is a hoot!) but by and large? Not feeling it *gets walker* ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Right? I think the older I get the more I understand my parents. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love "ultra oldies" too. I agree most artists today are a big hot mess. I love the 80's-90's era (I say bring it back, I still have my flannel..haha). I do listen to some country, but it has to have a pop type beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg I miss flannel so much. I feel like I should have some (we never get rid of anything), but it's probably buried in the shed. Eaten by mice.... *sigh* Bring it back!!!!! hehehe

      Delete

I love hearing from you!