Friday, June 14, 2013

Blog In June: Day 14

Today's prompt:
Your earliest memory

I think my earliest memory would have to be towards the end of 1986. I would have been five at the time. We were living in New Jersey with my grandparents waiting for my dad to secure housing in Germany. Even though we were "in-between" places, I still had to go to school. Not only did I go to the same Kindergarten that my mom did, I had the same teacher! I wish she was up and I feel so bad because I'm totally spacing on her name... She got married after (or right before) she retired and I think that's throwing me off. Anyway, my earliest memory is from my last day at that Kindergarten. She had all the kids draw me goodbye/good luck pictures to give me and we had a combined going away and birthday party in my honor, because my birthday was going to be in just a few days. (we landed in Germany on my 6th birthday) I think I cried the whole way home. Which is a lot of crying because I was the last stop. LOL I guess my earliest memory would be from before that because I know I fell asleep on the bus a few times waiting to get back. It was one of the sweetest, most heart-warming things ever. I also remember when we moved here to Texas we'd go back up north every summer and help her clean up her classroom for the end of the year. Ya know, because school lets out earlier here than up there. OMG This is driving me crazy and my sister (the one with the memory for names) is asleep, too! As soon as I figure out that dear woman's name I'm going to come back and update this....

Got it! Slept in and missed my mom, but my sister remembered! Miss Ferrara, later Mrs. Ferrara-Endrigo. *phew* lol

Tomorrow's prompt:
Your favorite Tumblrs

Uhm..... I don't really do Tumblr (I have one and randomly post nail pics to link back here, but I don't go looking around on it) so I'm just gonna give myself a little break and skip this one tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. hah, I hate it too when I can't remember the name of someone, it would bug me for days!
    Your memory is so sweet, I can't remember many good school/teacher related things that aren't unpleasant lol :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my sister is really good at names and stuff and she finally woke up. lol That's sad you don't have many pleasant memories. :(

      Delete
  2. We both wrote about our Kindergarden teachers. Mine still teaches. I swear she must be 100. She doesn't look like she has aged at all from the recent picture I found of her, but I kind of remember her being "old" (probably our age) when I was in Kindergarden. That is sweet that she had the class do that for you. I love how you guys would go back and help her pack up her class when you were older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Maybe kindergarten is the best grade to teach. Being around the kids before they get all jaded and stuff keeps a person young. lol

      Delete
  3. A nice memory and yeah, Tumblr is proving to be a difficult one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^_^ Yeah... I think there are a few coming up that aren't going to be easy. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!