Thursday, June 13, 2013

Blog In June: Day 13

Today's prompt:
Somewhere you'd like to move or visit

This question is simultaneously very easy and exceedingly difficult. You should know by now that I was raised in an active duty military household. We moved frequently. Some people can't handle that sort of lifestyle. I guess I'm a bit of a wanderer at heart because I loved it. Especially now with how easy it is to keep in touch I feel I could easily pick up and move every couple of weeks if it were possible for me to do so. The world is a big place with so much to see and do and learn. If I were to pick a permanent residence I would choose Germany first. Austin second. Both places I feel safe, happy and content. If the area were anything like it was when I was younger I would also be perfectly satisfied living here:



My great great Uncle's house. Yes, he lived a long life and I was lucky enough to know him well. His house is still standing (similar, but upgraded) and selling for $850k. An atrocious amount, but I would pay it. Pay it and restore it to it's former rustic glory.

As for places I would like to visit? Everywhere, really. I'm going to clarify that by saying I would visit everywhere (moon included since apparently that's possible now if you have the money) that it is safe to do so. I think it's foolish and arrogant to travel into the middle of warzones willy nilly. That's how backpackers and journalists get themselves kidnapped and killed and as far as I'm concerned it's their own fault. Anyway, if safety weren't an issue (if I could become invisible, intangible or indestructible) I would want to see it all. I don't think I really have a specific wishlist anymore... I'll take whatever I can get.

Tomorrow's prompt:
Your earliest memory

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on loving to travel. If I could I'd take at least a year off of my job and just see the world. New experiences are priceless. I don't understand people who have never travelled and have no desire to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand it either! So boring staying in the same place all the time.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you. In my post I said I would love to be a gypsy or a nomad, but decided on hobo. Just go where the wind takes me. I love that house. It is beautiful. I have a thing for old houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D They have their own energy and personality. Never been a fan of cookie-cutter houses.

      Delete
  3. Oh yea I would love to see everywhere, if there were no risk of me getting kidnapped and chopped into pieces lol
    I love the photograph, has such a nice nostalgic feel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Scary violent death is kind of a turn-off. ;)

      Delete
  4. I studied German at school and have always wanted to go there.
    Trouble is that no one else wants to go with me.
    Germany doesn't seem to be a destination of choice for many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would so go with you! Actually a decent chunk of my friends (also former army brats lol) lived there for a while as well and would go back in a heartbeat. I think it might be one of those places that helps to have been there to truly appreciate it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!