Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blog In June: Day 1

Today's prompt:
Your current relationship

I will have been married for 13 years this Halloween. Thirteen years... It seems simultaneously like forever and absolutely no time at all. There are definitely days when I wish that I only had myself to worry about, but I wouldn't trade him for anything. Did you ever see that episode of Malcolm In The Middle where Lois is all distraught because she realized that Hal loves her way more than she loves him? We're kind of like that. Not that I don't love him; I do! He's just way more emotional and... attached? He made me promise to outlive him. LOL Which I agreed to because I know he would probably kill himself if I died and think I could manage to not do that. That's what I mean, if that makes sense.



That's from our third Halloween together, second anniversary. OH! That's something funny I can tell you! XD His birthday is October 18. Thirteen days later is our anniversary. Thirteen days later is my birthday! We totally didn't plan it that way. He had decided long before I came around he wanted to get married on Halloween (huge fan of The Crow) and I didn't even notice the pattern until four or five years in. Uhm, there's not really a lot more to tell. I don't try to throw our relationship in people's faces (he actually almost lost a friend who thought we were doing just that), nor do we air out our dirty laundry for the world to see. Our problems, when we have them, are our business. We're together and happy and, really, that's all anybody needs to know. lol I don't want to sound snotty, but it's a line we walk. Between "sensitive singles" and vultures who've tried to come between us, that's about all the "relationshipy" detail anybody gets.

Tomorrow's prompt:
Where you'd like to be in 10 years

7 comments:

  1. I don't know you two that well but I really feel like you are a perfect pair!
    And how awesome and eerie is the 13 day thing lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I wouldn't say we're 'perfect' but we do work well with each other. lol We have compatible craziness.

      Delete
  2. The Crow was one of the best movies ever made! That's so bizarre your hubz almost lost a friend because they thought he was 'throwing your relationship around'. That smacks of an unhappy/insecure person to me *shrugs*. I agree people's relationships are their business. But then I'm a very private person and I absolutely couldn't tolerate having people know 'my business' you know? I have a fb acquaintance and they posted their nasty breakup. On facebook....and instagram...and twitter. Was total overkill. I don't get why anyone would do something like that but to each their own I guess...

    Very cool on the Halloween anniversary date and all the 13's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a RL friend that's the same way. Whenever anything happens in her relationship (now a marriage) good or bad it's splattered all over fb. I couldn't imagine throwing my business out there like that. I think there's definitely something to be said for a bit of discretion.

      Delete
  3. Yay! I am glad to see you doing this challenge. That is so cool that you were married on Halloween. We were married on the 4th of July. I love that your birthdays are 13 days apart each way from your anniversary. From what I have read so far; you and your husband sound like a really good fit for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! You get fireworks every year for your anniversary! :D That's so romantic. *hearts*

      Delete
    2. That's what we say! It is fun, but makes it hard to go on vacation for our anniversary because we also want to be with family. Last year we did go to Philadelphia for our 15.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!