Friday, May 31, 2013

OPI: Solitaire

Hello hello hello. Such a busy day and it's not even done yet. Took my mom's van for inspection (thankfully it passed the first time) then when I was getting the registration taken care of I notice that her plates are expired and I have to do that, too. Thankfully it was an easy process all at the same window. *phew* Aaron offered to come with me through all of that (though I think I'll be on my own when I take care of the car...) so I took him up on it. :p So it wasn't all as bad as it could have been. Not to mention I had some pretty pretty nails while I was out being all responsible.



Solitaire! This is three coats, and they're still a bit sheer. It doesn't bother me much, though, because the VNL isn't super obvious or dark like it can get with creams and shimmers. Texture disguises VNL. ;) Solitaire looked pretty frosty when I saw her on Swatch & Learn, but in person it really isn't. It is a little bit, but mostly it looks like crushed diamonds!



As soon as I got that in my head I couldn't stop thinking of Shiva from Final Fantasy. DIAMOND DUST!! Which, if you don't know, is actually an ice attack. LOL Like I said, three coats. Drying time was really quick. Three coats and out of the house in 45 minutes with no issues. Well, one tiny issue, but it's with all of the texture polishes. Don't stick your fingers in anything. :p I need water and a scrubby brush to keep these polishes clean and white especially has been bad about showing grime. Mostly motor grime today between swapping the plates and having to gap the spark plug in the mower since I forgot to yesterday. As soon as he asked me I remembered my dad showing me how, but it just totally escaped me when I was putting it in. Hopefully that's why it wasn't shutting off because I really don't want to have to open it up to check out the safety lever. Or whatever it's called.

I don't know if she's doing any better, but I just checked on Saleen and she was sitting up and looking back at me. I'm going to pick up a can of tuna and see if she'll eat that. Cristy S found a daily post thing for June (check it out here) and some of those look really interesting so I'm probably going to give that one a go as well. Ya know, since everybody responded so positively to the last one and it doesn't look like anybody OD'ed on me. lol No worries! Before I fire up Sims I'll get the rafflecopter thingy worked out and have my giveaway posted on my next polish post. Tomorrow! Like I said. Because I'm trying to lie less. LOL Tomorrow I will be swatching Dosh and then Sunday will be Tiffany Case! Fiona just shipped so I should get that soon. Still working hard on tablet monies. Made the SwagBucks goal every day this past month, and right now I have enough for the 5 discounted amazon cards. So all of next month will be "extra". I'll do another big rundown towards the end of June. My brakes will be fixed by then so hopefully I'll have some real life monies to add to the total.

And..... that's it? I think. Hope everybody has a fantastic weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh I was wondering about Solitaire. It looks beautiful and I was thinking of getting it but if it easily shows dirt and grime maybe I'll pass. Glad you're kitty is at least sitting up and looking at you!

    Oh yeah - I remember Shiva well. I LOVVE FF! Been playing those games since I was a teen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D I think I played 8 first, then 7. lol I think Solitaire would be great for a special occasion where you're not going to be doing much with your hands, but yeah... if you're busy with stuff to do it does pick up the dirt.

      Delete
    2. OOH 8! Retro now but still one of my favs. I re-re-re (lol!) played it last year. Classic!

      Delete
    3. That's awesome! I wouldn't mind re (re re) playing it, but Disc 3 got screwed up so it totally freezes on one of the cinemas. :( We'd have to rebuy it first. I could re-re-re play 12, though.... hehehehe OMG or 10! I don't think we have a working copy of 10-2, though... that was pretty awesome with the different dress spheres. LOL

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I really like this one, it's super delicate but shame about the grime thing...that's a bit gross lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Just a little bit. ;) Fortunately it's so pretty I've been looking at them often to make sure it stays clean.

      Delete
  3. I am so doing the June challenge as well, but I am going to try to make it a short one each day :)
    Just got home and totally got excited when I saw it and came here to tell you, but you found out first :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw hehehehe Sorry ;) Glad to hear you'll be doing it, too. I'm going to try and keep them shortish, too, but I'll probably continue to post them separately just in case. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!