Thursday, May 30, 2013

NEONS!!! (Beware The Claw)

HI! :D Norma requested a post on my favorite brightest neons, so here we go! Y'all know I do what I can to take requests, right? I mean, it's not like I have anything better to do. lol One teensy little warning: I didn't feel like pulling the chair down off the deck so I used my sister's weight bench. It's been sitting in the elements forever so there's a bit of rust... Just letting you know in case you see it in the background and think "OMG GROSS!" Whatever you think it is, it's not. Just rust. LOL

On with the show, eh?! I thought I was going to have a ton more neons to choose from, but as it turns out... I need more. hehehe *ahem* I went with two of the best and brightest of the four "true" neons and grabbed one each of blue and purple just to round it out. It's hard to classify them as "neon", but they're the brightest for what they are. Again, I can't make any promises on how easy they are to find, these are just the ones I have.



All swatches (minus one, which I'll explain when I get there) are two coats over a white base. Click on the name/link to see the original post with the polish fully swatched. Ya know, if you want to. lol Starting with...



LA Colors Lightning. Need a totally rockin' in your face pink? This will definitely do it for ya.



Zoya Ali. A darker pink, but nearly red. Looks a bit more neon in pics unless you're in bright sun.



Sinful Colors Summer Peach. Not peach, but a very neon orange. You really should click this one to see it prettier.



China Glaze Japanese Koi. One of my faves. Doesn't need white underwears, 4 coats for perfect opacity but it dries quick and is worth it.



LA Colors Flicker. Pure yellow neon. Like toxic lemons.



Sinful Colors Neon Melon. This one has a slightly greenish cast making it a bit more highlighterish than Flicker.



China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada. The more pure green neon. It's a bit darker indoors.



China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard. I don't think this one needs undies either. Has some silver shimmer that makes it very pretty and a little different from your average neon.



China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise. Do NOT layer this over white! LOL It doesn't need it and, in fact, it caused the white to melt so I was getting dings left and right. Not seriously neon, but has it's own inner glow that makes it very bright even without sun. (It's what I'm wearing in my current thumbnail pic up top)



Sinful Colors Dream On. It's hard to make purple neon, I get that. This is one case where SC beats out ChG, though, because Dream On is brighter (with a nicer formula) than Flying Dragon. Which I should re-swatch...

To give you an idea of how they look together, and to show them in different lights (sans bright sun since it's mostly cloudy again) I have a few more pics. These first two I took with my phone in the car. The sun was shining, but my phone was more interested in color than brightness. lol Also, I hadn't gotten around to cleaning up my edges yet. :p





Next two are with my normal camera while the sun was trying to peak out from behind the clouds.





And these final two are indoors, normal camera with flash.





*phew* So, Norma, bright enough for ya? lol How 'bout the rest of you? Any favorites? I had totally forgotten (for shame!) that Models Own was putting out new neons, until Abbie posted up Luis Lemon. *sigh* I need those, too... lol Thankfully NinjaPolish has them for $8 so I don't get screwed on conversion and shipping. Between those, the tablet and the PixieDusts... omg. That's all I got. "omg" Also, I was a teensy bit bad when I got a restock notice from Julep and decided that since they were already having a sale I ought to use my 50% off coupon so... I ordered Fiona for $5.48 altogether. I know! I'm terrible. At least I'm not scrambling for $40(+shipping) to get those neons... Even though I really really want to. lol

Still no sign of Saleen. Well, that's not entirely true. Aaron and I were searching last night and we heard a collar jangle behind us (while the rest of the cats were in front of us) so... I dunno. Icarus has been acting weird and since she was the nicest one to him that doesn't seem good. Nothing we can do, though, so I'm just trying to think happy thoughts for her. Whatever happens I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Good news (because I like to end on a high note) I fixed the lawnmower! Sorta... It does work and the front yard is mowed, just that it won't shut off when we release the safety handle and it kinda belches black smoke. Which I'm trying to assume is age and burning off the old oil respectively. At least the front got done before the landlord gets here and that's what I really wanted. Cuz he can be kind of an ass and wouldn't care that it's been raining all month. :p

Hope you liked my neon extravaganza and that everyone is having a great week! Tomorrow I'm going to subtle it down with Solitaire so come on back for that. ;)

Update: Found Saleen behind the TV stand. I'm assuming she feels safer back there since we can't reach her and the other cats don't go back there. Guess I'll be keeping an on her. Moved some boxes so she can get out easier if she wants to.... we'll see, I guess.

18 comments:

  1. Whew thank goodness you found her, she seem ok?

    I hate neons, I bought several from various brands one summer cuz you know.... it looks cool.... they are so hard to work with, I hate how they dry matte and how they take forever to dry. To date, I have never done a look with them because they get dented before I even leave the door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of these dried really fast. Even so with jellies I'll tend to top them off with a quick dry topcoat. If you want to, and can find them, the more shimmery matte neons from China Glaze dry REALLY quickly. And you can topcoat if you don't like the matte. ;) It's really hit and miss with neons, but I think most companies are trying to be better. My most hated part is having to paint them over white. -_-

      Delete
    2. Oooh, I don't even paint it over white, I HAVE NO PATIENCE what so ever, sometimes I choose colors purely based on how long it's going to take to dry haha

      Delete
    3. LOL Sometimes I do that, too. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love love love the neon green and the neon pink. I think I like the I'm with the Lifeguard better because of the silvery shimmer. I LOVE the Lightening. I am going to get that polish tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm With The Lifeguard could easily make my top 10 list if I ever made one. ;) Lightning is simply fabulous. You shouldn't have any problems with it. :D

      Delete
  3. Great neons :) I think I only have 3 neons total :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp* You need more. ;) lol

      Delete
    2. Oooh I've never seen Ali before, me likey! You know I love this post - so many neons, it's inspiring me to get some more hahahhahahahaha

      Delete
    3. You have to let me know if you get any more of the Models Own neons! I just love seeing neon on your nails. :D

      Delete
  4. *gasp* HOW did I miss this post?!?!!??!?!!? THANK YOU LIZZY!!! I'm totally looking for the Sinful Colors and LA neons asap. I wanted a pink neon but I'm not a *huge* pink fan so the LA suggestion is awesome. But I love all of these! You totally seared my retinas! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! :D I'm glad it was helpful. If I remember correctly LA also has a green, but I didn't get a chance to grab them all... I could be wrong, though. It was kind of a weird collection. lol

      Delete
    2. OOh I may hie to Google and check out their neon green. Though I just did a nailpolishcanada haul and ordered Color club edie, color club blue ming and color club what a shock so that may sate my taste for loud green / greenish polishes :) Currently eyeing CC Tangerine scream while adding some of your beauties to my wish list. Ahh holes in my collection gives me a reason to keep indulging in my obsession :D

      Delete
    3. Oh man! I totally forgot about all of those wonderful CC neons!! *dies* My amazon wishlist is going to bust apart at the seams. LOL

      Delete
    4. *cries on Lizzy's shoulder* We're bad for each other! Two addicts who've found each other and aren't afraid to enable!!

      Delete
    5. I know, right?! We're going to go so broke together. LOL Thank goodness for internet money.

      Delete
    6. Hehe so true! *runs to swagbucks*

      Delete

I love hearing from you!