Sunday, May 19, 2013

Misa: Pour Me Something Tall & Strong

Howdy howdy howdy! So I thought I'd dig deep into my drawer and swatch up some Pour Me Something Tall & Strong...



...what can I say? The formula was watery, streaky and painfully sheer. I think the color itself may have looked better over a silver base instead of white, work with the richness you can see closer to my cuticles (where the white base didn't reach) rather than trying to force the promised neon. Oh, and yes, I did knock my index finger with the bottle while picking it up. :p



Not insanely thrilled with this one, but... I'll give it another go once I start my second rotation. It's so pretty in the bottle and I know I've seen some really pretty swatches online... just the formula sucks and I'm not one of those people that likes to see VNL under jelly polishes. Some people do. This would be great for them. lol

After a couple of awesome Swagbucks days I'm already up to almost 53%. Still planning on being responsible with half of that. Finally got my sock poking out of the bottom of the loom!



It does still look a bit big, but... I'm using acrylic yarn instead of "sock yarn" so it's not going to stretch as much, so maybe bigger is better in this case. We'll see! lol It's like an adventure. A very slow, kinda hurty adventure. Tomorrow I'm going to swatch Illamasqua Kink and hopefully use that as a base for Orly Sparkling Garbage (hehehe) which I've read is very sheer. Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

11 comments:

  1. Humm what about using it for a jelly sandwich mani? Or a syrup gradient mani?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blinks* Syrup gradient? *runs off to google* OMG!!! That's an awesome idea! I've never seen that before. :D I think this would definitely be good for that. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Wow I googled syrup gradient too, that's COOL, never seen it before!

      Delete
    3. *blinks at Lizzy and Jasmine* WOW I gave you guys a new idea? *preens* cool! Hehe I read your blogs and learn so much from YOU so I'm happy to finally be able to return the favor :)

      Delete
  2. Not really keen on this color too. Like the previous comment should be good for a sandwich design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping it's good for something, eh? lol

      Delete
  3. I think maybe the socks are going to be those slouchy socks. But then maybe if its gonna be knee socks then it will be ok, cuz the calves are way thicker than the ankle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slouchy socks are cool. Maybe they'll work out and be both? Or maybe I'll just end up with some kind of hideously deformed monster of a sock, then I can stuff it and add googly eyes. hehehe One way or another it will be something!

      Delete
    2. I love all those ideas! Slouch socks are awesome! So are knee socks but if all else fails - whoo deformed monster sock with googly eyes!!

      Delete
    3. LOL Gotta stay positive. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!