Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Misa: Dying Love & Fatal Affair

Oh my what a depressing pair this is. lol Name-wise! Of course, color wise they are pretty dark and vampish, but certainly not depressing. Unless you dwell on the names too long. ;)



Two coats of Dying Love, which isn't the brown that my stash page bottle shot led me to believe. Nor is it as sheer as many of my previous Misa swatches convinced me it would be. Dying Love is, instead, a nicely opaque black with some nice silver/holoish shimmer. Dry time on both of these was very good! I painted my nails, pics 20 minutes later, 20 minutes after that I was out of the house with no digs, dents or smudges.



This shimmer is not evident indoors. Nor is the shimmer in Fatal Affair. Another two-coater. This one a very dark purple with blue/blurple shimmer.



Okay, my application is a tad hideous. Sorry about that. Apparently my hands were feeling quite spazzy today as I could barely convince my right hand to fill in my mom's hospital paperwork properly. -_- Half of my letters looked like tribal symbols. I'll blame my newness to loom knitting and vow to swatch better tomorrow!



Just focus on that shimmer and all will be right. LOL I tried out the essie cuticle oil sample and to say that the sample packet was "unwieldy" would be an understatement.



The oil itself is... oily. I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and there was a bit of resistant residue I had to wipe off. The smell is sort of fruity sweet, though it only vaguely reminds me of apricots. It's not unpleasant, just not the fruity explosion I was expecting. There is still some left, but I don't see two (or even three) uses making a remarkable difference. Even so, it's not awful looking/smelling/feeling stuff. I would buy it if I found it on sale.

This morning I had the brilliant idea to see if Nail Art Society had a facebook page. They do! There I learned that they had such an influx of new customers that they had to upgrade their systems. So I wrote an email to customer service and by the time I got home I had an email thanking me for bringing the issue to their attention and that my packet is now on it's way, got a tracking number and everything. If you are signed up for NAS and haven't received your package yet, I would suggest doing the same. :) Also, I got my Amazon gift card and was able to order Solitaire, Tiffany Case and Pussy Galore before heading out! *happy dance* So excited. Trying to decide what to wear tomorrow, though... OOooooh, I wanted to wait for the South Park game release, but since there's still no word on that tomorrow is Zoya Sharon. Possibly with some flakies! Uhm... was there anything else? Uhm.... I got my check from CashCrate. lol Need to deposit that to cover NAS and Netflix next month, which puts me ahead saving up for some kind of vacation. :D Anybody else have some surprising goodness this week?

8 comments:

  1. Dying love... that has got to be the saddest name for a nail polish
    You know I find cuticle oil (the one from julep & china glaze anyways) absorbs really really slowly, they usually go away because I rubbed it off on things I touch
    Also I am so glad you got pussy galore, I have seen some nice swatches, it looks so 80s in my opinion but sooo awesome at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Julep one absorbs pretty quick for me, and these are the only two I've used... *shrugs* I'm so excited! Pussy Galore was the first one to ship. hehehe Can not wait to see it in person. I *heart* the 80s. ;)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful color!! I love the fatal affair! Where can I get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine off of head2toebeauty.com. It's $3/bottle there and they accept paypal if you don't have a credit card. :)

      Delete
  3. I prefer fatal affair but both look pretty good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such dramatic names. :) I haven't tried the sample I got of that oil yet--bummed to hear that it doesn't smell more of apricots, as I was looking forward to that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, too. :/ It is sweet, but not quite what I was hoping for.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!