Thursday, May 9, 2013

LA Colors: Nuclear Energy

Yep, I did it. To be honest... I'm glad to have it out of the way. I've had finicky neons (even though this can't really classify as "neon") before, but man alive the formula on this... awful.



Also, ignore the color. It's not as 'off' as it looked in my viewfinder, but it's still too blue there. I ended up needing three coats of Nuclear Energy and it's still kind of streaky. Although, to be fair, I guess it does look a bit worse in the pics than real life. Still, it did not want to go on smoothly at all.



That's a bit more color-accurate. It might be a little prettier if it weren't so dented up, too.... Ah well. I guess they can't all be winners. One day I'll figure out something to do with it. :p

I do have some (possibly) good news! HEB has the OPI Nail Apps on sale for 99cents!! Way better than $9 for some nail stickers. Which I'm afraid they are. It says "to remove, peel off"... so I'm scared. I picked up one which I will be trying out tonight. Just an accent with Pink Wink to see if they suck or if I should pick up some more before everybody realizes they're so cheap. ;)



Should be really cute if they don't suck! OMG I'm lucky (and glad) I didn't put off making my deposit any longer. lol Got it in just in time for Nail Art Society to request their payment. Really should do something with the bows and striping tape before the next package comes in.

Welp, woke up early like I wanted to... for whatever that was worth. At least we got food shopping out of the way early. Going to nap a bit (since I woke up at 4am) and then see where the day takes me. Aside from Hello Kitty pink polish goodness, that is. Hope everyone's having a fantastic week so far. :D

6 comments:

  1. Oh what 99 cents :o omg such a good deal, are these made of real polish?
    And also I hate neons, I have never worked with a good formula in my life, they are all annoying goop that takes literally forever to dry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes! You should try some of the China Glaze ones if you get the chance. They have a bunch that don't even need to be layered over white! :D

      Delete
  2. You could use this polish as part of a water marble (or dry marbling) that's what I plan to do with my harder to use ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh that colour is soo pretty! I like it...okay now I read your post wearing these nail "apps" before this one, I didn't know that the sticker was pink, you did well at matching the colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I tried. lol I like the color on this one, too. Just the formula could use some work.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!