Thursday, May 16, 2013

Illamasqua: Radium

I am not even going to complain about the rain and clouds today. Some people a couple hours north of us got tornadoes, so I'm just thankful we didn't get that. Only real bonus to living in "The Hell Void": really severe weather avoids us like the plague. So much, in fact, that I've seen thunderstorms completely go around us (separating and then coming back together on the other side) and wondered if perhaps the military had something to do with it...

Anywho, I was hoping for some bright sunshine to show off the shimmer in Radium, buuuuuut... I'll settle for not having all my stuff scattered to the four corners.



Gorgeous, stunning, mesmerizing... pretty pretty pretty. hehehehe I did need three coats for this one (omg Abbie only needed two! *pouts*... lol) and dry time was... a smidge longer than I like, but at least my Julep drops mostly saved it from becoming a terrible mess during the night.



Not the best swatches, but somehow I don't think y'all keep coming back for my immaculate swatching ability. ;) LOL I know I'm not the worst, but I could probably be a little more careful.

OMG For the first time in a long time I had to quit following a blog. I'm not going to name names (if you're reading this it wasn't you), but man... I thought I'd try out this thing I saw on Jasmine's blog in a comment... Meet Me On The Bright Side's Blog Hop. Where you share your blog link and find other blogs to follow. Sounds good, right? One blog I followed I got a follow-back. The other one... man. I don't mind not getting a follow-back, my blog is the one place where numbers don't matter to me. But she was just so stuck-up and pretentious in her posts, then in one comment she "suggested" the person should have been beaten for their behavior (which may have been an inside joke?), but then... Call me a stickler, but when you post that a beauty product is cruelty-free and made in China... that should throw up a red flag. Animal testing is required for cosmetics in China and that is not cruelty-free. (bizarre law considering the influx of lead-paint toys we had coming in from there....) All that combined was just too much for me. I'll admit, I don't know which of my favorite brands may be suddenly sold in China and subjected to animal testing (why, China? Why?!?!), but I do try to keep up a little... :/

Kind of a depressing post, huh.... Shame for such a ridiculously amazing color. Sims to the rescue! ...? I thought it was funny, anyway. Usually when babies/toddlers start crying the adults are in the process of doing something. This time "momma" (not really, the toddler in question is a clone) was walking towards him and.... this is totally me when I hear a baby/toddler/kid screaming and carrying on:



MAKE THE NOISE STOP!!! LOL In my head I do that, on the outside I try to maintain some composure. ;)

Oh! I think tomorrow I'll try out Zoya Skylar. Also, while they do look a bit different, I will include a comparison against OPI's I Have A Herring Problem... which I really need to reswatch! Awful pics with my old camera. lol IHAHP is way too pretty to go down like that. And still hilarious! Yay comparisons! ;) Hope everyone's having a great week! :D

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I've never tried a Illamasqua polish before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I've heard a lot of people rave, but I seem to keep having some formula issues? If you get one make sure it's a color you LOVE just in case. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh this had shimmer in it? I thought it was a creme! Either way looks good, my kind of green!
    I don't find the blog hop to be that active, it appears to be the same people over and over again so I kinda gave up on that.
    I found an "interesting" blog through it too, I won't bash it too much in case you follow it but this blogger does very detailed and educational posts on how certain makeup products are bs, I don't like it because I find it kind of condescending, cuz girl unless you are a professional chemist with a PhD, you got no right to be talking like you really know this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's a very creamy cream, but there is a hint of shimmer. :) lol Yeah, there are definitely some people out there with their own style, huh? Even if she IS a chemist... there's something to be said about making your posts enjoyable for the reader. To each her own, I guess. lol

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you had issues with radium! Every illamasqua I've had has been perfection hmmm strange. It looks good on you though, radioactive waste yes ;). That blogger sounds a bit dodgey then, there are some strange uns out there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was a bit surprised after how much you rave about them, but at least the color certainly didn't disappoint! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!