Friday, May 10, 2013

Hello Kitty: Pink Wink & OPI: Argyle Apps

"Herbert 'Daring' Dashwood, and my stalwart ghoul manservant Argyle!" :p I've been playing a lot of Fallout 3. Anyway... looks like I lost a follower. Aw. Sorry you didn't like it here. No time to dwell, because I have a lot to cover, and it's all crammed together in one pretty awesome (if I do say so myself) mani! Which I fully intend to post EVERYWHERE!!



Ta-da!! I can go kinda over the top, too. ;) Starting with just two coats of Pink Wink, which is a bit sheer so I did layer that over white. It went on super smooth, though, and... was a bit longer on dry time than I expected since it was drying semi-matte, but I didn't bork it up too much in my sleep. Super bright pink Hello Kitty awesomeness.



BAM! Now I have to re-wear Green Means Go! again and layer it over white. Still not sure I need the yellow... even if it is on sale for $8 now... figures. :p Remember those bow 'rhinestones' I got in my Nail Art Society packet?



I put the insert back in upside-down... Anyway, I finally got around to using them with the included nail glue. Which is good that I didn't use topcoat to stick it because....



They're totally flat! o_O So there is only minimal contact area. I did sleep in these, though, and it didn't come off, so yay glue! Uhm... the brand on that is "Beauty Art"... dunno if all nail glue is created equal, but this one is pretty good. I am absolutely loving the bow, though. I'm glad I have a variety of colors and you will be seeing more little bows in the future.

Finally... *sigh* OPI's nail art "apps". They could have said "stickers". I'm glad I tried these out before heading back to the store because OPI really phoned it in on these.



I don't care how long you rub it, a flat sticker is not going to smooth itself over a dome shape. I had this problem with the sticker kinds before. If you're out shopping for this sort of thing (unless you have pretty flat nails, then you might be okay) get the kind that say "nail polish strips". Check the back and if removal includes "gently peel off from one end" do not get them! I was digging through the clearance bin at HEB (looking for essence, but all they had left was blush and blue eyeshadow) and they had a couple different brands of these... all stickers. Now I know better. Oh, my other gripe. Check out the tip of my nail there. The pink is sheer!!! Seriously? They don't look too bad from a distance, but we're not exactly looking at them from a distance here, are we? :p

So... hehe I went ahead and ordered the pink and blue ChG Textures. And promptly added the last two to my wishlist. I'll get those next. I have some Ulta coupons so if I ever make it out there again (weird sleep schedule lately) I'll see if they have the new PixieDusts. Do still want those. Tomorrow I'll be back with Crushed Candy. The "purple" Frosted Gumdrop. Or... Gum Drop. I did dye my hair! And straightened it even. I'm being bombarded with pic requests so I should probably try to not sleep all day so I can throw some makeups at my face before the sun goes down. :p Wayne just put up a contouring video, but I don't know if I'm feeling that ambitious just yet. Let's try to master blush first.

Okay! I'm rambling. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday!! :D

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow OPI o_O. I will admit I'm not a fan of nail polish strips anyway but those stickers....eesh. Can you get your money back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I doubt it. lol The only reason I got them was because they were on clearance for 99cents. Now if I had paid the full $7.99 then I definitely would be taking them back. Totally not worth that price.

      Delete
  2. Ohh nice to see you do nail art hehe
    Yea those stickers look crappy! I get so annoyed with those because you see in the ads and the models fingers look perfect and you know those are totally photoshopped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;) Yeah, I was a bit disappointed. I was thinking surely OPI would put out a better product than the cheapo brand I got before, but apparently not.

      Delete
  3. I actually like the sticker! I thought you had done it at first, you totally could if you painted diamonds onto some clingfilmy stuff, cut them out and stuck them onto your nail, then finished with striping tape! Ha that'd look cool :D. the pink is.....nice dare I say it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cling-film might work a bit better. If I could get it smooth. ;) lol

      Delete
  4. The nail design is so pretty. Opi stickers should be better and smoother :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :D And, yeah, I definitely expected more from OPI....

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. hehehe I loved it so much! Just wish the nail wraps had been a little bit more pliable.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!