Saturday, May 18, 2013

China Glaze: Unrefined and....

JUDO CHOP!!



hehehe Yes, I went for a big chop. Sort of unintentionally. I certainly didn't intend for my right hand to end up shorter than my left, but... at least I did manage to get my picture-hand fairly even and not too nubby. So I asked myself "What's a cute color for super short nails?" Pink! Of course. BeautyShades mentioned not liking the texture as much when she trimmed her nails shorter so I had to take the opportunity to see if I'd feel the same way. As far as the pink, I like it! It's kind of like fuzzy little poof-balls... except for the not being soft part. This is two coats, excellent dry time. Pretty, precious pink.



*loves* I still have a blue (did I mention I got Of Coarse! in the mail?) so we'll see if that feeling holds. So far, though, I'm diggin' it. Also, it's much easier to type at the moment.

So. hehehe I started my first sock!



I've... uh... been working on this for the better part of the day. It's a slow process (for now?) but it's not overly difficult. I did have to restart my whole first row. Apparently when the lady in the video said "snug" she didn't mean "tight". :p Once I discovered that the pegs have little divots to guide the needle the process became much easier. Still slow, but I'm getting the hang of it. Perhaps knee-socks is a bit ambitious for my first try, but I'm determined! Possibly a tad insane, but determined. Probably should have been counting my rows.... it won't matter if my socks are one or two rows off from each other, right? LOL

I think tomorrow I'll be reaching for Pour Me Something Tall & Strong. I keep forgetting how many Misas I still have left. Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend! :D

8 comments:

  1. Your short is my long! They look nice, i actually didn't notice at first!
    Your sock, is the part you are working on right now the opening of the sock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D Yeah, it starts at the opening and works towards the toe. I'm getting a bit concerned about the size (it seems really big!) but we'll see, I guess. lol

      Delete
    2. Yea that is what I thought, that looks huge for the opening! But maybe it's because it is very stretched out right now? Also that looks like hard work, especially because you will have to make TWO! Haha, I am such a downer, I'm sure you will be done in no time!

      Delete
    3. LMAO! No worries. It does look really big and it is pretty hard. My fingers are starting to hurt a bit, but I'll keep trying. ;)

      Delete
  2. The texture polishes look great on you I like all the ones you showed just not on me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) At least you gave it a try.

      Delete
  3. Your nails look really nice short :) I even like the polish! It makes your nails look like little sweeties so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I do prefer them a little longer, but at least I didn't totally nubbin them this time. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!