Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blog In May: Day 8

First, I want to apologize if I upset or offended anybody with yesterday's challenge post. That was certainly not my intention. I love you guys! *hugs* Second, this is going to be fairly quick. I didn't sleep last night. :p

Today's prompt:
A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

So many ways to go with this. There is a challenge day set up to get on my soapbox, so...

omg I've restarted this five times now... ok, next idea I'm sticking with....

Okay, here's one: Don't throw away nail polish!! You don't have to. The only reason nail polish has that expiration date is because of some legal technicality concerning cosmetics. Bacteria can't live in nail polish and it never goes bad. It may separate, shake it! It may get thick, add thinner then shake it! It may get thin, leave the cap ajar for a few hours. Maybe you don't like the color anymore? Gift it to someone who does. Maybe you don't know anyone? Wait 'til next year's Zoya Earth Day sale and send it to them. Maybe you're moving and have to scale down your collection (OH NOES!), consider selling it. Just please, please, please don't throw it away. Not only may you regret it later; it's bad for the environment. Reduce/Reuse/Recycle

There. Not the direction I intended to go, but I tend to overshare when I'm exhausted and... no. :p

Tomorrow's prompt:
A moment in your day (this can be just a photo or both a photo and words)

OOOooooh, fun! I'll try to make it NOT the dishwasher. lol

7 comments:

  1. Oh no did your fear post upset someone? FWIW I found it very genuine and heart felt.

    I've only thrown away one nail polish (oops I should've taken it to the enviro depot)because it had solidified and I didn't want to waste thinner on it. So interesting that bacteria can't live in polish!

    I'm sure loads of people would love to buy used / no longer wanted polish at a discount, I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg Before I knew better I know I had to have thrown out at least 10 bottles. :( I used to have a neon yellow that was totally opaque in one coat, with no white base needed!! Live and learn, I guess.

      Delete
    2. ACK! I neon yellow one coater and you threw it out?! *cries*

      Delete
    3. I KNOW! *cries* I don't even know the name. It was in a plain cylinder bottle with a plain black cap and I got it at Walgreens 17 years ago. I was young!!! Young and stupid. I know better now.

      Delete
  2. I would NEVER EVER throw out nail polish, when I was younger I gave away a bunch of nail polishes away cuz i felt like i was over my nail polish phase, and boy do I still regret that til this day, I GAVE AWAY MY FAVORITE GREEN!!! Greenwich village from OPI T>T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does amazon ship to Canada? They have it for about $7. I hope you can get it back somehow. I'd love to see it on you. :)

      Delete
    2. What about buying a bottle off of ebay?

      Delete

I love hearing from you!