Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog In May: Day 6

Today's prompt:
If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

Since I don't have a job this one seems almost too easy. Whenever anybody asks me "So, what do you do?" I simply answer "I take care of my mom and make sure the house doesn't burn down while my dad's on the road." :p Too simplistic? I take care of the household chores, bill paying, animal feeding, make sure mom gets to her appointments, fix things that break... only thing I don't do is cook. Regularly. I kind of have to if Aaron's not here to do it.

"What do you do in your free time?" Free time?! Yeah, okay, I do have some free time most days. As you know I have an increasingly expensive nail polish habit to support so most of my free time is spent on the internet making money. Also playing video games. Usually both. Like right now, for instance, I've got SBTV mobile going on my phone, blogging on my laptop and Simming on the desktop. Earlier I had some real free time (Aaron was out with his friends) so I just moved my laptop over to the tv and gamed on the xbox. Poker Night 2 and Fallout 3 if you're curious.... Aaron just Rick-rolled me. LMAO!!! It's super fun cuz I love this song!!!

What was I talking about? I guess I was done. Usually I get the "Don't you want a job?" question. The quick answer is "not really". If I found the right one, sure. I mean, who doesn't like money? In general, though, not really. In a perfect world I would have won the lottery by now and have it all smartly invested so nobody would have to work. Unless they wanted to, I guess.

Tomorrow's prompt:
The thing(s) you're most afraid of

Might wanna buckle up for that one, darlings. It's not spiders, clowns, enclosed spaces or the dark. Didn't realize this was going to be a "dig deep and bare your soul" kind of challenge...

8 comments:

  1. Haha, in the perfect world I too would have won the lottery by now, living on my own island and lounging in the sun.....

    The only game I ever gotten addicted to was tetris. Sadly I had to stop because my computer started lagging. I swear facebook tetris made my computer slow!

    I am super excited for Day 7's topic, don't know what things I will share yet but they will be pretty deep and personal lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I used to play tetris all the time!! It is pretty addictive. Sucks the facebook version made your computer laggy!! :( Tomorrow's definitely going to be a tough one. We can do it!

      Delete
  2. ooh so you fill out surveys and get money from that? How does that work? I also have a nail polish habit that I could use side money to support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through OpinionOutpost. It varies on how many you'll qualify for since they come in from third parties, but the cashout is instant once you reach the minimum and I've never gotten a virus from them.

      Delete
    2. Any time. :) Best of luck! Hope you make big bucks!!

      Delete
  3. I don't have a "real" job either. I mainly make sure my child gets to where she needs to be on time. I am a professional photographer and a certified cake decorator, but I don't really pursue either one of those as a profession, more as a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's very admirable. I couldn't imagine going through school NOT knowing that my mom was there in case I needed her. She was a cake decorator, too! :D Not certified or anything, but she could recreate any cake she saw.... back before everybody became obsessed with fondant and modelling chocolate. lol She did it all with frosting.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!