Friday, May 31, 2013

Blog In May: Day 31

Today's prompt:
A Vivid Memory

What a wild ride, eh? Goodness. So... a vivid memory, huh? I think I shared most of those... well, most of those that aren't too personal or entirely too X-rated. Not going with a sad one (though most of the clear memories I have are sad). What to do, what to do....

One of my most vivid memories is entirely fabricated. It's not a real memory, but I remember it with absolute clarity. So how do I know it's fake? Simple. When I was a kid of very-nearly 6 years old we were in a car on our way to the airport to fly to Germany. The sun was setting and moving is such an exhausting ordeal. I was in the back seat and the airport was right in front of us. To the left of the airport I could see Venus rising. Not teeny little star Venus. Five times bigger than the moon Venus. Let me tell ya, it was breathtaking. Quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I know I wasn't mistaking the moon for anything because the moon was up and to the right from Venus, more over the airport. I knew it had to be Venus because that's the next closest planet and it wasn't red like Mars. (Yes, I was young, but we had just left my grandparents and my grandma didn't believe youth was an excuse for ignorance)

So, yes, totally fake totally vivid memory that I never told anybody (partially because I assumed everyone else had seen it, too) and believed in my heart was real. I know now that I had to have nodded off at some point, perhaps my mom or somebody mentioned Venus in the sky and my half-asleep brain fabricated what I imagined "Venus rising" would look like. Still... I wish I was a better painter so I could show you what I saw and just how beautiful it was.

*phew* What a month. lol Now it's time to post up and get to working on my mom's van. Inspection and registration today. -_- Hope everyone had a terrific month. lol

6 comments:

  1. Not a bad month but also not great for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Hopefully next month will be better. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a strange memory, I thought you were gonna say it's from a dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it had to be, but I never really thought it was. The whole thing was definitely very strange.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome. It's so funny how much bigger things seem when we are small. What a great fabricated vivid memory. I am glad to have met you this challenge. I can't wait to find out more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have met you, too! :D I've been pleasantly surprised by how many amazing ladies I've met so far. A bonus!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!