Friday, May 3, 2013

Blog In May: Day 3

Today's prompt:
Things that make you uncomfortable

Oh yeah, this challenge just got real... I just finished reading Jasmine's post and turns out we have a lot in common in this department. Unlike her, though, I am a bit neurotic. I don't try to be, just that I usually end up being the one who has to fix it when things go wrong so I try to stay on top of everything. o_O {---and end up like that at the end of the day. lol

Okay, the biggest thing that makes me uncomfortable is Confrontation. I do not like getting in arguments with people and I hate getting angry. Partly because I don't like confrontation so I know I'm probably going to just have to suck it up. But, yeah, even if two people are getting heated and it has nothing to do with me I get really uncomfortable. I don't want to hear it, I don't want to see it, I don't want to be in the same building as it. I was raised in a very calm (read: hippy-like) household without any fighting or arguing and when my sisters and I did manage to work ourselves into a disagreement our punishment was to hug it out. Yes, we had to sit in the living room and hug until we calmed the hell down and worked out a compromise. That's not to say I don't think that people should stand up for themselves for fight for a just cause, I just don't think it should ever escalate to actual fighting. Also, omg, when stupid drama escalates to a screaming match out of nowhere... I hate that. OMG Especially when one person knows they're wrong but they keep at it anyways!! Seriously? *ugh* Just cut your bullshit and walk away; for reals.

The second biggie is Crowds. Oh my goodness crowds. You will never see me at a Black Friday sale. Or in NYC. :p I just can't do it. I'm not claustrophobic, but people make me claustrophobic. I made the mistake in high school once of turning around because I thought I heard my name only be to confronted (ack! lol) with a sea of about 500 people rushing towards me to get at the exit. *shudders* Just spread out. Mobbing up is what gets people killed in a fire...

Third is Being Embarrassed. I know it's an inevitability and it happens to everyone, but I just can't seem to shake it off. I blush easy so I can't hide it and then I feel like everyone is staring at me and laughing... I guess that's really it. Most everything that makes me uncomfortable falls under the heading of confrontation, or potential for confrontation. Aaron gives me crap because he thinks I'm scared that people will "bite me", but it's not that. I know they're not going to bite me... physically. I just know that there are people out there aching for a fight and prepped for drama and I do not want to find out which ones they are. I'm going to stop here because I don't want to start tripping over tomorrow's challenge post or spiraling into a rant over things I hate.... which is apparently another post coming up. :p I'm considering (why do I always want to spell that with two "c"s?) suspending polish posts until this challenge is over... what do you think? Is two posts a day too much, or can you keep up? lol Don't want anybody to OD on me.

Tomorrow's prompt:
Favorite quote and why you love it.

9 comments:

  1. PPTH I could never OD on your blog! Selfishly I want to also see polish posts (!) but you're right, that is two a day so if that's a bit much for you I can wait patiently for the challenge to be over before you get back to polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm good at the moment so we'll see how long I can keep it up. ;)

      Delete
  2. Not me, I hearts your blog :)
    Love these posts, they are different and very interesting, and is what sets your blog miles apart from other nail blogs. The dream work post was so interesting, I was tempted to try it out actually.
    I hear you about the embarrassment. I blush easily, and then I blush because I blush, and we have one big scary blush fest on our hands. Not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! You're so sweet! :D I hearts your blog, too. Yeah, compounded blushing is not pretty at all. lol Best to just try and avoid it.

      Delete
  3. I used to get really embarrassed too and that feeling would stay with me for days or even years. I don't remember who told me this, but when you feel embarrassed about something you did because you think people will think less of you, just imagine yourself as the other people in the situation, they probably won't even remember the incidence and won't think much of it. That mindset helped me out a lot over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to remember that, thanks! :D

      Delete
    2. That's good advice Jasmine!

      Delete
  4. I also don't like confrontation. My husband's family is very argumentative. They will get sucked in to any kind of argument and try to have the last word. Drives me crazy. I usually leave the room (sometimes the house) when they do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that must be rough! My husband's family can be a little loud, but mostly they're just a little crazy. I admire your strength to remove yourself from the situation. I tend to just shut down...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!