Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blog In May: Day 29

Today's prompt:
Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories.

I would like to point out that while I do like these songs an awful lot, if I were to sit and think about it at all... they probably wouldn't make my Top 10. I like lots of music so a Top 10 would be very difficult. I noticed this one towards the beginning of the challenge and was a bit distressed over which songs to pick. About a week ago I decided that I would pick the five songs that somehow... speak to something very deep inside of myself. It's not easy to put my finger on it as these songs in particular tend to make me space out. Even so I do like them and I hope you enjoy them as well.


The Guess Who - These Eyes: This one I remember hearing as a kid (you know, before we really know anything about anything) and it's always stuck with me.


Berlin - Metro: I have no idea when I first heard this, but the lyric "I remember hating you for loving me" clinches it for me. I've been there... more times than I can count.


Butthole Surfers - Pepper: I first heard this somewhere far up north (NJ, PA, CT... I don't remember) and it made me homesick.


Partridge Family - I Think I Love You - I used to listen to this record all the time in high school. No, I'm not that old, just that odd. :p As soon as it ended I'd set the needle back and listen to it over and over and over. It touched me then and still does.


Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know - Haunting... I've been on both sides and they both hurt. heh... This is actually the first new song that I've heard in a long time that I like. lol Not since Lady Gaga and Beyonce put out Telephone, what?, three years ago? ........LOL! Apparently this was released two years ago and I'm way behind anyways. Whatever. :p

Tomorrow's prompt:
React to this term: Letting Go

*snorts*....

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard 1-4, but I HAVE NOW lol
    I like number one a lot, and number four is so strange but weirdly awesome at the same time!
    I have number five on my playlist for when I go running, very nice song, I like how it sort of shows both sides of the relationship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of those? o_O I feel old. lol I think #4 is the oldest of them, Partridge Family was big in the 70s. A little before my time, but my parents always listened to their own generation music so it all grew on me. lol

      Delete
  2. I also love Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know heheheheeh :) Great post. Really enjoying this kind of posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg It's so strange, right? Totally different from anything I've heard recently, but it's just like the stuff I used to listen to.

      Delete
  3. First time I heard Gotye, it spoke to me. I was instantly in love with that song. I used to watch the Patridge Family on Nick at Night during middle school. Great songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! My husband came home and pulled it up on youtube and I was instantly hooked. I think I listened to it 20 times that night. hehehe My grandma used to tape Partridge Family for us because we didn't get it in Germany. We did get The Monkees, though, and would watch that all the time, too.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!