Friday, May 24, 2013

Blog In May: Day 24

Today's prompt:
Your top 3 worst traits

Oy....

1) I have a wicked temper - My dad has an explosive temper, but a looooong fuse, like a cartoon bomb. I've only ever seen him angry twice in the past 32 years. My mom has a very short fuse, but doesn't get very angry before calming back down, she's more like a string of firecrackers. I got the worst of both ends. Very short fuse and, while not quite explosive, I do tend to get far angrier than I should or would like to. I don't often lash out, but holding in that kind of anger leads to a lot of headaches.

2) I always expect the best from people - I don't think this is a bad trait, personally, but a lot of people do. "That's how you get taken advantage of". Perhaps, but I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. Yes I get hurt and taken advantage of, but... I feel better about myself giving people a chance to prove their own worth, rather than assigning it myself.

3) I am a video game addict - lol We've had a computer since I was 8 years old and I would take every game my dad brought home and master it. No matter how long it took. Games are far more complicated now, but when I find one I like I will play it over and over and over until I've scoured every corner of the map, met every character, found every unlockable and successfully completed every mission. In the days before achievements, trophies and badges I would make up ridiculous goals for myself. I remember staying up late racing my dad on Super Mario Kart, or competing against my sisters in Super Mario World. Didn't know that was a competitive game, did you? ;) It's not until you're trying to see who can make it through the level fastest without dying. I'm not terribly competitive, I don't mind if someone else is better at a game than I am, but I do get a bit of a high when I am better. I know it's not a very "adult" thing to spend my time doing, but it's better than smoking crack! :p

Tomorrow's prompt:
Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)

8 comments:

  1. i think there is nothing wrong with expecting the best from people. those that expect everyone else to be horrible usually comes off very hostile and mean so I think it's better to be unassuming and open minded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you *hugs* I think that's better, too. :)

      Delete
  2. I almost used temper in my list. My dad had a short fuse and was explosive. My temper is not as bad as his, but I still have one. Expecting the best from people is not a bad thing. Sometimes you do get hurt and taken advantage of, but that is their bad quality not yours. My husband is also a video game addict, and I am okay with it. We all have our quirks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that your temper isn't that bad, I'm sure it's still a struggle, though. I'll have to see what did make your list if not that. ;)

      Delete
  3. OOh man having a temper is one I'm guilty of too. Sometimes it's so hard to calm down and even harder to let go :/ I've gotten better over the years but it's still something I need to work on. So I sympathize there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG It's SO hard! Especially when things keep happening to piss ya off. ;)

      Delete
  4. heheeheh maybe I have a temper. that's what other people say :) I was a game addict but my eyes now can't take it so I stopped.I can watch tv or read do anything really but if i play games after 2 hours I start to fill sick. kingdom hearts was one of my favorite games ever and sims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes! Sorry about your eyes. The first Kingdom Hearts was awesome! Didn't really like the 2nd one as much so we quit getting them. Still love Sims, though. At least you can still read, though! That's better than video games anyway. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!