Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog In May: Day 19

Nearing the end!

Today's prompt:
Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them

Okay, I already mentioned three of them in my Blog-Friends post: AbbieNail, The Nail Buff, and The Happy Sloths. Of course I love those, but I gotta spread the love! If blogger would load up my reading list.... F5-F5-F5.... There it is. :p

In no particular order:

My Simple Little Pleasures: Whenever I mention Colette, that's her. She doesn't blog as much anymore, but she does have a fairly active YouTube feed with tons of tips and tricks and tutorials.... and some pretty drool-worth hauls. ;)

Swatch And Learn: She's one of those more professional nail bloggers that I know gets tons of promo freebies, but she is absolutely NOT one of those girls that feels like a stuck-up sell-out. Quite the opposite! She's excited about the polishes and she's got a great sense of humor and comes across as very down to earth; still taking time to respond to comments and such.

BeautyShades Makeup and Nails Blog: A fabulous British blog that covers a variety of makeups and nail polish. An awesome, interactive blogger who's not afraid to go over the top with some nail art! :) A great place to go for ideas.

NyanPon's Knits and Crochet: This is where I got the pattern for my cute little octopi. Her crochet skill completely overshadows mine so a few of her patterns are too complicated for me (also, I can't knit), but they're still fun to look at.

fun size beauty: Another multi-makeups blog that is just overall adorable and fun. Much like the name suggests.

Wow, that was quick. lol And only a fraction of the blogs I read regularly... because I have no life. :p Those eight are totally worth checking out.

Tomorrow's prompt:
Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.

.....we'll see how I feel like going about that one.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I used to frequent swatch and learn quite a bit. Nowadays I try to stop going to major nail (or makeup) blogs because I always just end up wanting to buy every new collection they feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Yes!! It's her fault I want any of the OPI Bond Girl polishes at all! XD I often lean towards smaller, more personal blogs as well, but that's more because I'm drawn to their personalities. I had to leave a couple of blogs that got big and the blogger's attitude changed... :/

      Delete
  2. I love Swatch and Learn! Thanks for the blog suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D I guess she's pretty popular. lol Glad ya liked 'em.

      Delete
  3. You're so sweet;) thank you for mentioning my blog. I'm so happy you enjoy it.
    Things I'm struggling right now lets see. I'm struggling to finish reading the city of bones. Every time I get my cup of tea and get read to enjoy my reading. Something happens and I have to postpone ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. :D lol Isn't that always the way? I end up getting most of my reading done in the bathroom.... -_-

      Delete

I love hearing from you!