Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blog In May: Day 16

Crested the halfway mark!

Today's prompt:
Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it

I really don't want to phone it in on this one, but I'm having a really hard time with it. I mean... what is my "lot in life"? For a while it seemed I spent every waking hour helping sick people (my mom, my bestie, Aaron, Elvis...), but since the only one left who really requires that kind of help is my mom that situation is far better than it used to be. Chronic broke-itis? I earn my online monies and am currently researching eTrade.com for reasonable investment options. Perhaps being stuck in this stupid, shithole, Hell Void town? *shrugs* Just keep hoping Aaron makes it big and we get to move some day. I've always been over-burdened with responsibility and always kind of figured that if I keep working hard then eventually it will all pay off. I'm getting old so there is a bit of doubt that creeps in, but not living up to my responsibilities just isn't an option. That would be worse. I guess that's it really, whatever my "lot in life" may be I just keep working hard and keep hoping that it will be worth it. At least it makes me better than the stupid, self-centered, lazy, self-entitled people who bitch and moan and make bad decisions and get everything handed to them... As great as that sounds, I just couldn't live with myself if I was one of those people. When my time does come, I'll know I earned it for real.

Tomorrow's prompt:
A favorite photo of yourself and why

LOL!! Going to have to see if I even have one of those. :p

8 comments:

  1. *being nosy* oh, so you don't have a 'day job' per say but your mom is sick and you live with her to make sure she's taken care of? You know that feels far more noble to me than the 'standard' person who works for cash or the corporate ladder climber even though people who choose to live their lives that way get more recognition (for lack of a better word) by society...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol No, I don't have a "standard" 9-5er. Thank you very much. *blushes* It's not usually easy to explain without getting looks. I try not to let it bother me, though, because deep down I know it's the right thing. :)

      Delete
  2. So I wasn't the only one that had to googled "lot in life" -_-
    And I agree with what Norma said, taking care of your mom is a job, just like how stay at home mom is a job
    So far I never had to worry about money because I still live with my parents but I know that very very soon things will change as I graduate and I am so so soooo worried about getting finding a good job and making my own money. I feel like I owe so much to my parents at this point that I really don't want to disappoint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs* I won't pretend to know your parents, but you're such an amazing person I don't think that you will disappoint them. It's never easy trying to forge your own path, but I have a feeling that you will do quite well, not matter what you set out to do. :)

      Delete
  3. Jasmine - exactly re stay at home moms/taking care of your mom IS a job. Also - eek, the pressure of getting ready to take the 'plunge' is very stressful.

    Lizzy it makes me so sad and angry that people are judgemental enough to give you (or anyone else)'looks'. They aren't paying your bills. What you do isn't their concern. I get curiosity and wanting to know more, but not the judgement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw :) *hugs* The best we can do is lead by example and do our best. It might not change minds, but... perhaps one day. lol

      Delete
  4. I hate getting the "look" when I tell people I am a full time Mom to a 13 year old. Most come back with "she's 13? so basically you don't work". Uh, yeah I do. I make sure that girl is the best possible human she can be. I am fortunate my husband makes enough money that I am not required to work. Those people that make bad decisions and become entitlement junkies piss me off!! I am with you; I couldn't live with myself if I became one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anybody who doesn't think that raising a teenager is work is doing it wrong! You are very fortunate and that's not something you should ever have to feel bad about. Who knows? Maybe that job you don't have because you don't need it went to someone who seriously does need it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!