Monday, May 13, 2013

Blog In May: Day 13

Today's prompt:
Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.

What fortunate timing! I thought it was going to be difficult to break the ice on this one, but that little formality appears to have been taken care of for me. ATTENTION EARTHLINGS: Last night I received a transmission from the MotherShip that I had been elected to issue the following public statement concerning the fate of humanity. I regret to inform you that the beta testing of what you call "people" has been completed. I can understand how this may be confusing and traumatic for many of you, but rest assured; it is quite the triumphant accomplishment for the ten of us who have been trapped on this isolated planet with you for the past 200,000 "Earth Years". The scientists back on my home planet believe that we have collected enough DNA for them to isolate the appropriate genes for what you might call People 2.0! A species which will be similar to, but a vast improvement over, yourselves. As such a maintenance crew will be sent here shortly to annihilate you all and dispose of your debris. My supervisor informed me that this will be done with the utmost respect. To be honest, I have a hard time caring. I've grown weary of this world and am eager to return home. For what it's worth, I am sorry that those of you to whom I have become close will be unable to join me. Try to enjoy the time you have left, and thank you for being such unaware little guinea pigs. If you will excuse me, I would like to go pack now.

Sincerely,

Lizzy (aka: Beta Test Observer JK-08)

Tomorrow's prompt:
Ten things that make you really happy

HA! Like there's going to be a tomorrow.... ;)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, "I have a hard time caring"? Well well way to gently break the news to us huh? -_- not impressed with this, good thing I build a non-destructible pod for news just like this, I will go to it now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest that you do. I don't know if it will make any difference, but whatever makes you feel better.

      Delete
  2. HAHA I love this, especially how you followed through "Like there's going to be a tomorrow" with it. I am wishing that my public apology was more comedy than seriousness now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D I really wanted to do a serious one, but after three days of trying to come up with one... I went with this instead. ;) Where is yours posted? I didn't see it on your Nail Sparks blog.

      Delete
  3. You beat me to it! Y'know cos I'm Abbie the alien ;) hahagahaja but yeah let's go home now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really should. Don't want to still be around when the maintenance crew gets here... lol

      Delete
  4. Mwahaha! Too funny :p
    Please dispose of my debris in an environmentally friendly way, ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely! Maintenance will be restoring Earth back to her completely natural state. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, Stopping over from The Happy Sloths. This is hilarious. I can see why Jasmine loved it. I am going to go dig around in your archives now (so if you see random comments from me, you will know why). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai! (^_^)"/" Great to have you. Hope you enjoy your stay!

      Delete
  6. Also came from Happy Sloths. She was right...very funny. I mean if its a joke and all. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :D Since we're all still here I think we can assume it was a joke... or was it? hehehe Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!