Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blog In May: Day 12

Today's prompt:
What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

You know... Jasmine mentioned that we've had some pretty heavy prompts over the course of this challenge. She's right. This one could very easily be the same way. It could also very easily not be so I'm opting to keep this one light and refreshing. Hrm... light and refreshing... Like a certain favorite beverage of mine that got the absolute shortest run of a popular soda ever!!!



I miss Crystal Pepsi!!! :( It was only around from 1992-93. It was wildly popular so I have no idea why they were so quick to pull it. My sisters and I drank it all the time. For those of you who don't know: Crystal Pepsi was like the bastard child of Pepsi and 7Up.... minus the lemon-lime. lol (except, apparently, in the caffeine free version? ew...) It tasted just like regular Pepsi, but it didn't have all of that dark-cola crap. It was totally clear so it was just as refreshing as any other clear soda. Which also made it a hoot and a half to drink! Seriously, I don't know if it's just because it didn't have a chance to, but the novelty never wore off. Every can was fun because omg it tastes like Pepsi, but it doesn't look like Pepsi! ^_^

There, something I miss that's not soul-baring or making me want to cry. :p I also miss back when the trash/recycle bin on my desktop had different levels of fullness. Oh yeah, that used to be a thing. It was either a little full, half full or all full depending on how many things you had in there. Kind of a small thing, but I miss it. You'd think with how fancy Windows is now they could easily do that. lol

Tomorrow's prompt:
Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.

I'm going to try really, really, really hard to not make it all snarky and mean. :p

4 comments:

  1. Ahahaha, bastard child of pepsi and 7up, imagine if they had you advertise the drink, that would have been a very interesting campaign lol
    I never noticed the thing about the level of fullness of the trash bin! It's interesting how you picked up on such a small detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I could have revolutionized soda marketing. Seriously! Drink it!!! ;) I used to love the way the trash bin was. I'd sit and wait until it was all full before emptying it. Nowadays it looks all full with just one thing in it! Insanity. lol

      Delete
  2. I remember the recycle bin on the pc like that too. I miss a cake that I usually bought in the coffee shop and now no one does it already. it had honey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad I'm not the only one who remembers that. ;) Ooooh, honey cake sounds good. Have you asked them about it? If they're not going to make it anymore the least they could do is give up the recipe.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!