Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blog In May: Day 1

So I saw this on The Happy Sloths and was intrigued. I checked out the original challenge page and the originating blogger is in Austin so I couldn't resist! I mean, what are the odds? I blog every day anyway, but with my new responsible plans for the future and a dwindling number of new polishes, this might just be the trick I need to help with the transition back into regular (non-daily polish) blogging. I was going to restart the Sims Legacy Challenge and blog that, but... I don't know if I'd be able to keep up with it and I hate having to stop a good story in the middle thanks to a game-ending glitch. So this will do nicely.

Today's prompt is:
The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)

My dad was born in Bermuda (raised in Indiana) and my mom in New Jersey. They met while both in the army. I was born in Nurnburg, Germany in November 1980. We lived there a short while before moving to Colorado where my sister was born, then three years later to Kansas where my other sister was born. We then moved back to Germany (Karlsruhe, this time; with a six month stint in New Jersey) in 1986 for six full years and it was the best childhood ever. That was my true home. We travelled and experienced so much of Germany and my only regret is I didn't have a digital camera and blog back then. I was in Girl Scouts, and made it through Juniors in that. Went camping (local and away) every summer. Museums, Volksmarches, Black Forest, anything and everything we could squeeze in to do and see. In 1992 we moved here to Texas where my dad retired. I've met some amazing friends (online and off) and Texas quickly became an acceptable 2nd home. Always kept my grades up and graduated with honors even if I did skip class every now and then to road trip with Sandy. I met Aaron in 1999 and we married a year later on Halloween of 2000. We don't have any children, and that's on purpose. We can't afford it and don't believe in leeching off the government to raise them. I don't particularly like kids (didn't even when I was one) so I'm not broken up about it. We have plenty of furry children to keep us occupied and I have enough responsibility without adding totally dependant people into the mix. That's how I spend my days. Cleaning house, making sure my mom takes her medications and gets to her appointments, paying bills my dad can't get to while on the road, supporting Aaron in his endeavors and taking care of our furry little babies. My downtime is all my own. Sims, eMonies and nail polish. It's my fun, totally me-centered me-time. My big goals are to buy a house as far out into the middle of nowhere as Aaron will let me (he likes being near stuff) and taking a good, looooooong vacation with Aaron to Germany so he can see it for himself. At some point I'd also like to visit Japan. Is that 250 words? I have no idea, but it's a nice looking paragraph, right? If you have any questions, go ahead and ask! :) I'll do my best to answer.

Tomorrow is:
Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at.

No idea what I'm going to do with that. LOL Actually... I think perhaps I do. :) I may start on it tonight, because it could end up being long. lol

8 comments:

  1. well I don't blame you for not having human children... your hubby is scrumptious, and you should probably keep practicing! <3 your blogs darlin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we still get in plenty of practice. ;) Thanks so much for stopping by, darling!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow you were born in Germany, that is so cool!
    I wish I can get a cat or dog, I use to have a cat, but I developed a pretty severe allergy her so I had to give her away :( sad times... But maybe in the future I will get a hypoallergenic cat or dog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :( That is sad. We had to give up my dog because my sister was allergic, but at least he was with my grandma. There are plenty of hypoallergenic pets nowadays and I'm sure you'll love it even more since it's not making you react. :)

      Delete
  3. ha! this describes me to a T ' I don't particularly like kids (didn't even when I was one) '

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Good to know it's not just me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, um...so okay; I didn't find you until almost the end of the challenge, but I really wanted to start at the beginning and read about you. I will eventually get all of your archives read. I am your neighbor to the North in good ole OK. After my husband graduated college we moved to Houston for a year. I was ready to move back to Oklahoma. I only have one kid by choice. I felt I couldn't afford another or handle another. I have furry children as well. My daughter asked for a sibling until she was about 6 and then after that she switched to a puppy. She got a pug for her 8th birthday. I love the sims. I have passed that love on to my daughter. We have every generation of sims and all of the expansions (not some of the stuff collections though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great deciding to have just the one. I know it's none of my business how many kids people have, but I strongly disagree with popping them out just because you can. I actually spent a week in Lawton, Oklahoma my junior year. :D Loved it there, I can understand why you were ready to go back. Especially compared to Houston. Are you planning on buying Sims 4? I haven't decided yet...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!