Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Beauty Blogger Tag!

OMG How exciting is this? I was tagged! :D By The Happy Sloths. Did you know there was two of them? I didn't. That's why these things are important! LMAO Because who really reads bios these days? No! It's more fun to play tag catch up in the moment! So, the super awesome blogs I'm tagging are in alphabetical order:

1. Abbie Nail
2. Idyllic Enamel
3. Swatch & Learn
4. The Nail Buff
5. Varnished Valkyrie

Got some new favorites and some old favorites. Nobody's obliged to answer these questions (though you know I'm gonna!), but feel free to check those ladies out. Let's have some fun, shall we?

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Curly! And not the cute ringlet curly either. The kind of curly that turns into a frizzy moppy mess the second I run a brush through it. :p

2. What is your natural hair color?
Dark brown. My mom thinks it's dirty blonde, but it hasn't been that since I was... 8? 10? Ish?

3. Do you dye your hair at home or at a salon?
At home. Always. I don't trust salons

4. Do you wear the same hairstyle everyday or do you change it?
Mostly the same. I'll straighten it for special occasions, but the hate-hate relationship we have doesn't make me want to bother too much.

5. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I'm not inherently opposed to gettin' my nails did, but... I'm pretty particular. Wouldn't mind being all pampered, though...

6. How often do you change your nail polish?
Every day I do. LOL Here lately. That may change once I get through all of my untrieds.

7. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just in the summer?
Always. LOL I don't change it as often, but I do keep them polished. One of my favorite memories with my granny was her painting my toes as a kid.

8. How long does it take for you to put on your make-up?
When I can be bothered it takes about half an hour. Lotta work to make this look pretty. :p

9. What do you do first, face or eyes?
Depends on your definition. I don't wear foundation so I do concealer, eyes, powder, lips.

10. Do you collect make-up or just buy what you need when you need it?
Polish I collect. Face make-up I just buy when I need it.

11. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Once every other blue moon. Then I remember what a pain in the ass they are.

12. Do you do a full face of make-up every day?
Oh no.... no no no. LOL Only if we're going "out". I'm too old and married to care what people at the grocery store think.

13. Do you wear make-up when you are home alone or with family?
*snickers* No. I'm with Jasmine on this one. As soon as I get in the house I'm back in my jammies. I do not care. I'm at home, I wanna be comfy. Unless we're doing a picture day, then I dress for the pics then back in my jammies!

14. Will you leave the house without make-up?
I usually do. ;)

15. How many high-end products do you have?

Depends on what "high-end" means? I have a few Butter Londons and am about to get a couple Illamasquas, but I don't see myself ever spending Chanel and Dior prices....

16. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
Wanna know a secret? I was a teen during the grunge era. Same as then I just grab whatever's closest and throw that on. Assuming it smells clean.

17. How often do you change your handbag?
Whenever the old one breaks beyond repair. I've only owned four since I started carrying one 18 years ago.

18. What time do you get up and go to sleep?
Getting personal, eh? :p I generally get to sleep around 3am and wake up around 10am. If I remember to set my alarm. If not I won't wake up again until around 1pm.

19. How often or when do you work out?
Every day I get on the stationary bike for at least 5 minutes. Like I said, I'm old and I get fat easily....

20. Left-handed or right-handed?
Right handed. I can write fairly legibly with my left, but it's uncomfortable. lol

21. How tall are you?
5'6"... which I always thought was average, but I tower over almost every other chick around here....

22. Do you speak a foreign language?
Ich spreche ein wenig Deutsch.

23. How many pets do you have?
Technically I have one cat. Collectively as a household we have one dog and four cats.

24. How often are you on Blogger?
Every day. lol Even if, by some miracle, I didn't have anything to post I wouldn't want to get too far behind on everybody else. :)

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Not as much. If I see something that really WOWs me then I'll add it to my amazon wishlist.

26. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
Ooooh, I have a 2nd hand Samsung Digimax A503. When I was looking at amazon it was the cheapest one with a macro function. One day I'll get an even snazzier camera. Interesting tidbit: Firefox didn't flag "snazzier" as a typo! LOL

27. How often do you clean your house?
Well that's a depressing question. I clean all the time. It's a spastic sort of see-and-do that never ends. :p

28. What is your favourite colour?
Green. I like all colors at least a little, but green is my tippy top fave.

29. Do you swear?
All the time. Except in places where it's obviously not appropriate, but yeah. I do. If you don't want your kids hearing it then perhaps you shouldn't let them stand so close to me in the store. Yeah, I said it. lol

30. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Sims. And deciding what polish to swatch tomorrow. And dishes. And swagbucks. I multi-task... hehehe

So there you have it. 30 things you probably didn't wanna know about me in the first place. lol I'll be back tomorrow with something pretty. :)

10 comments:

  1. Hehehe, yea I used to always just wear a night gown at home like all the time, every single day. Recently I upgraded to t-shirt and pyjama bottoms, so that was like a huge improvement.
    My poor parents have to put up with me looking semi-hobo everyday lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Same here. T-shirt and sweats (or yoga pants) always. Whatever's handy when I walk in. The cats don't like it since they have to wait to be fed, but they don't have to wear clothes at all! :p

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! I love reading stuff like this. And your answers is one of the reasons yours is one of only five nail blogs I still read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw!! *hugs* And I'm super glad to have you! :D

      Delete
  3. haha great tage! I love cleaning when I`m bored:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D Yeah, that does seem to be when the most cleaning gets done around here, too. ;)

      Delete
  4. Beauty blogs give me so many make up and beauty enhancement ideas.I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!