Monday, April 8, 2013

Rimmel: Mintilicious & LA Colors: Sea Foam

Hello, darlings! Boy do I have some things to share with you. First thing is that a couple of weeks ago (seriously, like two) I decided to pull myself out of hibernation and at the very least get back on the horse. Or the bike, in this case. Can only manage 3-5 miles (about 5-10 minutes) at the moment, but so far I've already lost nearly 2lbs! Just ten more to get back to where I was before winter. Which is enough motivation for me to cut out candy for a while. I know! It's going to be tough, but once I get back down to 155lbs I can decide where to go from there. 155 seems to be the magic number where I don't feel fat and I don't quite start losing my boobs. :p

On to the polish! I have picked up a couple on clearance (which I will get to after the swatches) so I decided I had to wear two today. I was going to do some nail art (interested in manufacturing some dot "studs" since those are so popular), buuuut I kinda slept all day. Okay! Rimmel Mintilicious! The last of the four I picked up when I saw them is so gorgeous and the formula is so perfect it had me wishing I had picked up more!



It's not really what I would call a mint color... it's more of a bright light blue with a hint of green. Can you see the hint of green? LOL It's barely there. This is two coats and seriously did dry super fast.



My mom even likes this color... until I told her the name. She's allergic to mint so I think it made her a little queesy. At least this one isn't scented like Mint Gelato. lol Mintilicious wasn't quite creamy enough to fill in all of my ridges, but it did a much better job than LA Colors Sea Foam. Not that it's a competition or anything... ;)



Similar color, bit darker... this one is three coats. OMG You see my index finger there? Had trouble with chipping on it yesterday! It's not peeling, otherwise I wouldn't have a tip left. I have no idea wtf I'm doing to it, but tonight I'm going to be extra careful and see what happens.



So. Yesterday we were at HEB and there was a gaggle of people hovering around the free scale next to the pharmacy. I could have paid 50cents for the scale near the bathroom, but that one always says I'm heavier than the free one. :p Anyway, while waiting I had time to sift through the discount makeup shelves. You will not believe what I found.



The LA Colors wasn't so surprising since I haven't seen the display in a couple of days. Though I was surprised that none of the others in that collection were shelved. What the hell is that, though? Another rogue essence?! Are you freakin' kidding me?! I dug and dug and dug to find any of her sisters, but to no avail. I brought her home and did some research. Unable to find any swatches (not saying they aren't there, sometimes searching is a bit wonky depending on brand and color name) I took a chance and searched for essence polish whoom boooomm and sure enough... You've Got The Art was part of the "Whoom! Boooomm!!" collection TWO YEARS AGO! Where in the blue hell has this polish been hiding all this time? Was it seriously stuffed down in the metal cage on this shelf? Was it being kicked around in the back until someone finally picked it up? Did some asshat kid hide it behind some other makeup on some long-term shelf? I don't know! I do know I'm super pissed I didn't see it proper two years ago, but I am glad I have it now. Why is essence so neglected here? Yeah it's cheap, but it's not cheap! This is a good quality brand, people! Treat it with some respect!! Makes me even more upset how long the stupid essence Twilight display stayed up even after it was all but empty. *ugh* I'm okay. *deep breath* I'm okay. I just wish there was some way to sign up for alerts "____ essence display will be at _____ store in the states on or around ______". Throw me a freakin' bone here!

Uhm..... I think that's it. lol Rain and/or clouds in the forecast for the next couple of days. Oh what to do what to do... Oh I know. lol Going to go BLUE blue tomorrow with Wet n Wild and Pure Ice, then Wednesday we'll reach for some red because WTF? LOL So deranged am I over having a full collection I'll buy a red that I will likely only wear once. The shaaaaaaaaame! *teehee* 90% to my Sephora haul!!! Told ya it wouldn't take long. Now to dig around in my drawer o' stuff for a deposit slip before Nail Art Society decides to withdraw their monthly "dues". LOL Hope everyone's week is off to a beautiful, fantastical, awesomesauce start! Happy Polishing!!! :D

10 comments:

  1. This bike you speak of, is it a stationary bike or a real bike? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's stationary. lol I'm not athletic at all and living in the "hill country" of Texas makes proper biking too much of an *ahem* uphill battle for me. ;)

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha, hmm ok, I am sort of a biking fanatic myself, but the rainy weathers in Vancouver makes 8 out 12 months of the year biking unfriendly
      But stationary bikes are good, kudos for keeping fit :)

      Delete
  2. That first picture of the rimmel looks like robins egg blue, very pretty. Oh and btw I was at sallys beauty supply and they had the hologlam collection for bogo free. I think they are $8.99 with the sallys card so that would make them $4.50 each if you wanted some :) also, all polishes are b2g1 free. The china glaze glitz collection was on clearance so I got 2 and the girl told me if I got one more it would be free so they even included clearance stuff as part of the sale! Just wanted to let you know first since you missed out on the cherry culture ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! NO! I was just there and picked up OMG A UFO for freaking $10! She never said anything about buy one get one!! :( *ugh* I did get Mosaic Madness for $3.29 and she never said anything about buy two get one either!! *double-ugh* I should have her fired....

      Delete
    2. They had little mini signs at my location. All polishes are buy two get one free but it specifically said for the hologlam collection buy one get one free :( that super sucks! Can you return them and repurchase them with the deal?

      Delete
    3. I dunno. They didn't have any signs at mine. Didn't even have a price on the hologlam or I would have just put off getting it. *shrugs* Live and learn.

      Delete
  3. heheh the polish has been in hidding for 2 year :)La colors plum color looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe It has! Sometimes I find the strangest things. The purple was a nice surprise. I almost picked it up before, but I've been *trying* to be good. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!