Thursday, April 4, 2013

Orly: Purple Pleather & China Glaze: Grafitti Glitter

*phew* All caught up. Except for my own post which I am getting to way late! I slept in. ;) Before I get started, I'd like to address yesterday's comparison post. Apparently a lot of people can't see the difference? This is boggling my mind. I am mind boggled. lol I can only attribute this to one of two things. Either it's a monitor setting issue since I did tweak mine a little to see Sims better; which this doesn't make me crazy or a liar (I know you're thinking it!) because it would still show the polishes in the same "off" shade instead of different. I'm not telling you to change your monitor settings just to see it (unless you want to), but that's one possible explanation. That or it's the pounds and pounds of carrots I ate as a kid (in an effort to gain night-vision and/or turn my skin glowing orange) helping me see color better.... LOL I don't know! They do look different to me and while I may be near-sighted as Mr Magoo and have horrible depth-perception I can see color damnit! XD It's the one thing I do have. Second, I was reading over my tag post and noticed it's a bit hard to read so I'm going to see if I can tweak my blog's default settings and make the print a little bigger... or something. So, yeah, change is a'comin'! You have been warned. ;)

Okay, so I had no idea what I was going to wear for today. While I was chatting with my friend Dave and it started getting late I told him to pick a color. He's such a dollface and just loves the PixieDusts (somehow I got him hooked on Zoya....), but since I don't have any of those I haven't worn yet I went with his color choice of purple with an almost as interesting finish.



Purple Pleather is the last of my Plastix polishes. *aw* I'm pretty surprised at how well this one photographed. The color is pretty dead-on. *cough~onmyscreenanyways~cough~cough* hehehehe *ahem* Love the semi-matte finish, two coats, dried super quick. Quicker than the other two, I think. The formula was on the thinner side, but definitely opaque enough that it didn't matter.



I did debate with myself a bit. "OMG Grafitti Glitter would look so cool over this purple!" "Yeah, but OMG the finish!" Well... you can see which argument won out on that exchange...



I was right. It does look so cool! LOL One coat gave just enough glitter coverage. I did finish off with some topcoat to make everything smooooooth and pretty. Also, if you're planning on attending the Injustice release, this would be a perfect Joker themed mani. ;)



This officially made me want more of these Glitz n' Pieces glitters. At least the blue one. Seriously super wicked freakin' awesome. For realz. LOL

I had some trouble getting to sleep last night, so I sat here going through Sephora.com and made up my total haul list. Wanna see? Sure you do!



OMG!!! *drools* Yeah, I could remove the glitter crackle and bring it down closer to the $100 I'll be cashing out, buuuuuut.... no. I can handle paying $3.50 in for real money. I've got my Illamasquas, two of which are 'rubber' finish (and OMG Radium which Abbie got me totally hooked on getting). I was going to get some sprinkles ones, but I think Hard Candy has dupes (or near-dupes) for all of those. I know I always hate yellow polish, but Banana Cream is Hello Kitty and it looks matte and it's only $5 and it's Hello Kitty. LOL Then a few special Nails Inc. Two feathers, a mirror metallic and, yes, neon green crackle. Because I don't have a neon green crackle and I can't pass up one on sale. :p I wanted to throw in some Butter London, but they didn't have any of the colors that I want. I kinda want to get Full Monty just for the name, buuuuuut.... maybe next time I can get one for $9. $14-15 is a bit much for that one. o_O Yeah, I said it. Anyway, all of those are sitting pretty in my shopping cart just waiting. Waiting.... Almost 80% there, will get a big jump tomorrow when they award last month's bonus points. I'm practically itching (ew?) to cash out now....

So, that's it for today. I think tomorrow I'm going to dig into my waning essence collection and work on that. Knockin' 'em down. After I see about perma-setting some bigger font for you guys! Then it's off to try and qualify for some surveys before hopefully killing off at least one of these Sims! Hope everyone's having a terrific week. Weekend's almost here! Happy Polishing!!! :D

6 comments:

  1. Are you signed up with ebates? I think they have 8% cash back for sephora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, I'm gonna go through the Shop & Earn on swagbucks. It's only 3% at the moment, but it'll pump the money right back in towards my next cashout.... man... 8% sure sounds sweet, though... I'll check out that ebates site. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have a couple of mini polishes from the Plastix collection, the formula is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! :D I love them so much I'm almost tempted to hunt down the red one.

      Delete
  3. What can I say. the china glaze is definitely a gorgeous topcoat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! *dies* I have to get more. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!