Monday, April 15, 2013

Misa: Never Say Never +Julep Cuticle Serum Week 2

Hey! Most of you know by now that I do a ton of cash-searches for nail polishes. (Cash-searches? Yeah, searches I get paid for. lol) Most times I'll go up and down a list and just search each name until the Bucks pop, for other sites where I'm paid per search sometimes I'll pop in whatever I've got handy, or just wore, or am about to wear.... or whatever stuff we happen to be "for real" searching for. :p Anyway, I've done a few searches for Misa Never Say Never and it looked really pretty. It is really pretty! However...



The formula was not so pretty. :( Very sheer (this is three coats), slow drying... I added my quick-dry topcoat half an hour before my shower and everything was 'ok' after that, until I went to bed. *ugh* Shrinkage and dents galore. It is pretty, though, and so sheer I think it would make a nice shimmery topper for perhaps a dark grey or purple.



I was going to take my black glitter pen and just write "super" across my middle finger for tonight, but the middle fingers are the worst on each hand so I think I'm going to do something a bit different. You know in the old Batman series (which was a bit before my time :p) when they're fighting and the things pop up saying BAM! POW! BIFF!? Yeah, I wanna do a little something like that. I've seen it before all fancy with newsprint dots and black outlines, but... hrm. Doubtful. LOL I was thinking that stuff on a couple of fingers and some skinny funky french tips with Storm on the rest... That'd be cute, right?

So. Julep MIGHTY Nail & Cuticle Serum. What to say... what to say... what to say... It has been two weeks with dilligent twice-daily use. As far as "noticeable results" I'd have to say no. As far as "fewer, less noticeable ridges"... also no. I took my glasses off (I'm super near-sighted so it's like having built in magnifying glasses lol) and inspected the area around my cuticles for any miniscule sign of less ridginess in the new growth and didn't notice any change. Like I said before, though, the staining does appear to be growing out better.





Minus the dark blues/greens I've been wearing that tend to sneak their way past my basecoat. :p Check this out, though:



That hangy-offy edge is growth from the past week and, if you look beyond the blue/green, you can kinda tell where the yellow is growing out. ......so gross. -_- Anywho, I'm going to keep using it nightly after clean-up to hopefully counteract the 100% acetone for as long as I've got this one tube and I'm hanging onto these progress images for more weekly updates. Will Julep's miracle goo be the thing to save my nails from perpetual yellowing? Tune in next week for the exciting continuation! ;)

ACK! 20 SwagBucks away from cashing out!! :D Then the 2-4 week wait for it to process, but still! Today is a special double-bucks day across the site so it's just jumping right up there. I think I'm going to get through enough SBTV to cash out and then go straighten my hair before doing anything with my nails. Tonight's the Injustice release and I gotta look pretty. lol Anybody else going to the midnight release? I'm not super-jacked since it's not one of my games, but as long as it's not freezing out it should be fun. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow! Everybody be safe out there. Take care and have a great week!! :D

6 comments:

  1. Wait I am confused? What do you mean by cash search?? 0_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Searching using the swagbucks toolbar will randomly award points. I'm also signed up with cashcrate, inboxdollars and sendearnings which pay out each time you use the search bar on their site to browse the web up to 10cents/day. :)

      Delete
    2. Ooooh I see, I thought it was like ppl actively search out polish swatches and you swatch the color for them lol
      I'm so silly

      Delete
    3. Oh no lol That would be pretty awesome, though!

      Delete
  2. A shame the formula not being so good. What nail polish stain your nails? I think the main colours to stain are green and blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely greens and blues. I don't know where the yellowing comes from, though. Sandy and I were trying to figure it out and I think it might be genetic. My dad's family all has really tough, thick nails.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!