Sunday, April 28, 2013

LA Colors: Flicker & Nails Inc: Soho Square

If you hadn't guessed, yes, I was a total putz and forgot to pick up batteries. I remembered everything else. Even picked up the last of the essence polishes I'll be getting. Forgot batteries. So today we're taking a quick detour into NeonLand! Again I managed to be very careful with the white, so no annoying white ridge around the outside. Woohoo!



This is two coats of Flicker over two coats of white. Your basic (yeah, I said it) highlighter yellow. Dry time on this one was pretty impressive. Worry free after an hour or so.



Impressively bright. Maybe one day I'll do a comparison, but I'm not sure how well (if at all) any differences would show up. lol We'll see. ;)

I had read some bad reviews about Soho Square, but I wasn't about to let that deter me. It's neon, it's green, and it's crackle. The only thing that could possibly make it better is if it were a neon green glitter crackle. hehehehe



That's not so terrible. Being neon it is more of a jelly-based crackle so it obviously won't work as well over darker (or seriously contrasting) colors, but it is exactly what it says it is. Neon green crackle.



It's coming off a little dirty there, but I'm thinking that's due to the blinding brightness of Flicker. *shrugs* Soho Square gets a thumbs up from me. If you like neon green and/or crackles it's a good one. So long as you keep in mind the limitations of the jelly-neon.

So after going through the site and looking over the available polishes, I got two more yesterday and I think that'll be it for me. Someone snatched up both of the Ready For Boarding yellows so I'm missing that one, also the last red in the Cherry Blossom Girl. I'm not going to pick up the yellow if I can't get the whole collection, but I did get the peachy colored one. :p I may grab the black and beige from the Marble Mania collection if the coupons are still up. Just to fortify the message "Hey! People buy these!!!" to HEB. I wonder if people think the low price = low quality? Just because it's "Europes favorite makeup brand" doesn't mean it's good enough for Americans? *psssh* I kinda wish someone would ask me while I'm staring at the displays cuz I'd tell 'em: "For the price essence beats the shit out of any other brand in here".

Alright, enough rambling. I need to find a clean shirt to wear and see if we can't get our running around done early. Y'all take care out there! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :D

4 comments:

  1. Okay first I lovvvvvveeee that yellow! Hah it's so yellow :D and I can't believe I'm about to say this but I actually like that crackle!! It's because it's also neon and it just looks cool, not like crackle :P duuuude what's goin on! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You what?! :D I can't believe it! I feel like we should throw a party. hehehe

      Delete

I love hearing from you!