Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Julie G: Hot Cinnamon

Ready to see me get jacked up over a red polish? It doesn't happen often, but I was so excited wearing Hot Cinnamon last night I had to post a little preview pic (taken with my webcam... in the dark...) on facebook. This is two coats and, yes, I'm jumping right in on this one!



O-M-G!!! I don't even know where to begin! You know those hot cinnamon disc shaped hard candies? It's like someone smashed those up with a hammer and turned the resulting candy-dust into polish. I keep wanting to suck on my fingers.



While the Milani and China Glaze texture polishes are closer to each other with their cream bases and more prominant texture, Hot Cinnamon is more like the PixieDusts as far as texture and sparkle, except this one has more of a shiney jelly-like finish. It has that texture appearance, but is pretty smooth to the touch. I think these would be a good place to start if you think you'll be bothered by texture. Those of you lucky enough to live near one, these have been spotted at Rite Aid. Or you can order them from their website.... here. There is the full set up on eBay for $34 as well. Just... ya know... whatever. lol

So, I didn't win the Pure Ice spring flowers nail art contest. *boo* I still don't understand Twitter so I have no idea how to find the one that did win. That's okay, I guess. Still got 40 polishes to go through. Don't know if I want to do my four Ready For Boarding colors or spread them out... something completely different... I have no idea. lol Stupid weatherman keeps threatening rains upon us. Actually, I think I'm going to go ahead and swatch Topaz for ya. Knock out my last Revlon and then double back for Sugar Rush. Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to stash these JulieG polishes to keep them all together... ;) Y'all take care out there!

4 comments:

  1. That looks so cool! I was very much on the fence about these texture polishes, but you have convinced me! Me likey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! They really are pretty awesome, especially if you're itching for something different.

      Delete
  2. Random story that came up in my head when I saw your post, I once ate too many cinnamon gum at once and ever since then I developed a pretty severe allergy to all cinnamon candies/gum, my tongue swells up and stays like that for like 2 days. lol, felt like sharing that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! Total suckage! Interesting, but sucky. I wonder if that's common? My brother-in-law made himself allergic to black pepper from using too much. o_O Glad it wasn't me. I love cinnamon candy!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!